Tromix weld on receiver back plate

This may seem like a unusual question but I noticed that the mounting holes for the stock is about 1/16" more to one side than the other. So my question is when you install/weld it to the receiver where does the 'long' side go, up or down? :unsure:

I did the search and know that you have to square up the receiver before welding or the stock will look like the butt end is high.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Merlin

The holes go towards the top on most all Tromix conversions, because they all get HK sights. If you are running HK sights or an optic, you want he holes at the top. However, if you are running the stock OEM sights, the vent rib, or Krebs sights, the holes should go towards the bottom.

Tony

• 2 years later...

The holes go towards the top on most all Tromix conversions, because they all get HK sights. If you are running HK sights or an optic, you want he holes at the top. However, if you are running the stock OEM sights, the vent rib, or Krebs sights, the holes should go towards the bottom.

Tony

Welded mine on yesterday, I wish a note that said what you just said was included with the backplate. I knew something wasn't right, I'm using stock sights by the way. I really didn't want HK sights, but now I guess I have to get some. Issuer don't want to cut and reweld that backplate.

Who has the best prices on the sights??