How to secure ACE internal receiver block on S-308?

I am planning the conversion on my Saiga .308 16". I have the SaigaTech steel .308 trigger guard plate on the way, and I want to know if I can still install an ACE Skeleton fixed stock.

There are a few problems that the ACE Skeleton stock brings when using the SaigaTech trigger guard plate. I found a link of a member here that provided a tutorial on how to solve these problems on a S-12, but not a S-308 ( http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...hl=ace+tutorial ).

With the Saiga .308, my main problem will be how to provide enough support to the ACE internal receiver block. There will be no support on the end of the ACE internal receiver block from the pistol grip nut like instructed. This is because the SaigaTech trigger guard plate does use the standard pistol grip nut and screw, it is already built into the plate.

In the above link the member bolted the internal receiver block through the drilled-out trigger pin holes, but this is not an option with the S-308 because it does not have the original trigger pin holes. How else would I be able to adequately secure the ACE internal receiver block without a standard pistol grip nut or trigger pin holes?

Take off the pistol grip. Remove the rear trigger guard bolt. Put in your receiver block. Use a punch through the trigger guard bolt hole. Remove the block and drill the hole. Obviously you will need a longer bolt to hold your trigger guard.

You could always make a sheet metal plate with the two holes in it to clamp it down from the top as well.

Edited by sauerquint
Take off the pistol grip. Remove the rear trigger guard bolt. Put in your receiver block. Use a punch through the trigger guard bolt hole. Remove the block and drill the hole. Obviously you will need a longer bolt to hold your trigger guard.

You could always make a sheet metal plate with the two holes in it to clamp it down from the top as well.

Great idea......I might do just that.

Post some pics if you do! I am about to convert my 308 and am using the saigatech trigger guard as well.

Just not sure what I want for a buttstock and am wanting a option like this.

Well.......i'm not. No ACE, for now at least. I wimped out and went with a FSE poly triangle krinkov stock. It will probably be temporary until I get the ACE planned right or I find a metal triangle krinkov stock.