DPH MUZZLE BREAK FOR 223

I have been wanting to install a muzzle break/flash hider, but didn't want to thread the barrel and then I saw on another thread the DPH muzzle break that Greg ay Carolina Shooters Supply sold. It was so simple to install with no mods to the rifle and is rock solid! I highly recommend it to everyone! And talk about fast service, I ordered it yesterday and it was in my mailbox today..WOW! Thanks Greg! :super:

I may be wrong, but since the rifle doesn't already come with a muzzle break, I don't think that it can count. At least thats how I read it. Others here know more than me.

The way I understand it is that the muzzle break does count, but, since the weapon dod not come with one it also raises the overall parts count by one. So you basicly have a wash, +1 on US parts count but also +1 on overall count

I may be wrong, but since the rifle doesn't already come with a muzzle break, I don't think that it can count. At least thats how I read it. Others here know more than me.

The way I understand it is that the muzzle break does count, but, since the weapon dod not come with one it also raises the overall parts count by one. So you basicly have a wash, +1 on US parts count but also +1 on overall count

Correct.

If you have a countable part on the Saiga, it counts for or against 922r compliance.

Saigas don't come with pistol grips or muzzle devices, so adding them adds 2 countable parts. It is up to you if they are US made or foreign (so long as your overall parts count is compliant).

Edited by nalioth
  • 2 weeks later...

Tomcat, I have a pic of the DPH installed on my x39, but not one of my 223. I'll post.

On both rifles, it does make a notcible difference, especially on the x39, which is natural since it is a bigger round. Went out today and ran 100 rounds through the x39 and it works very well, calms the muzzle down nicely and works on the flash too.

Bought mine from Greg at carolinashooterssupply, he may have some more in now but I checked the other day and he was out of stock. I'll be glad when they complete the ones for the 308!

Just checked carolinashooterssupply and they are currently out of stock, makes me glad that I got mine.

post-14474-1236453773_thumb.jpg

post-14474-1236453835_thumb.jpg

post-14474-1236454597_thumb.jpg

Edited by unclejake
How is the lower part of the brake/flash suppressor sealed to FSB. Any leaks toward shooter?

Clamp is seems to be just one half on top of FSB.

The flash hider seems to have a ledge that "butts" up against the outer edge of the barrel. This prevents the gasses from exiting rearward and also enables the hider and the clamp to lock up tight. I installed one that I got from CSS last night.

They are out of stock now,when will they be back in stock at CSS and are they available anywhere else?

you can also check here.

http://dpharms.com/saiga-muzzle-clip-for-7...les-p-1027.html

and

http://dpharms.com/phantom-muzzle-brake-fo...yle-p-1028.html

DPH sells them as 2 parts. I got lucky when I ordered mine from CSS.

How is the lower part of the brake/flash suppressor sealed to FSB. Any leaks toward shooter?

Clamp is seems to be just one half on top of FSB.

Forgive the quality, (cell phone)

post-10299-1236644434_thumb.jpgpost-10299-1236644465_thumb.jpg[attac

hment=29349:IMG00006.jpg]

post-10299-1236644495_thumb.jpg

There is no blowback to the shooter, and muzzles the flash quite well actually. This is a really solid piece of equipment that fits really tight on the barrel. I bought one from Greg at carolina for my 223 and my x39 and have had no regrets whatsoever!

How noticeable is the recoil reduction on the .223? It looks like more of a hider than a brake. I want to prevent my .223 from bump firing, and plan to install a brake to help. If it doesn't have any real effect on .223, I'll have to go with a 74-style brake and threaded FSB from Dinzag.

I don't have much noticeable recoil from my rifle to start with ( 6 feet 240 lbs ), but it has made a noticeable difference. It is more of a hider but it does have some break qualities. As far as stopping yours from bump firing, I really couldn't tell you. Shame you couldn't borrow one to find out.

I installed one on my 223 and immediately noticed, when I tightened it down, that it was misaligned. I think you will need to add a shim on the lower half to keep the hider straight on the muzzle. I think the manufacturer should include this part and even THREAD it.

BTW, I think this device will only reduce muzzle flash.

Edited by m1key