Thanks for the response, that sounds right but the website for C & S Metal-Werkes says these magazines are "currently in production" and "utilizing pre-ban components." If they were making post ban LEO mags, they wouldn't need preban anything and I imagine they would say something like "dealer only" or "law enforcement only" on the website. I'm so confused :wacko: I'm going to try emailing them.

If they are doing it with pre-ban components and the original components will still function in the firearms for which they were originally designed, then they are within the law. However, it the components no longer function in the firearms for which they were originally designed, then they may have legal problems with the BATF. There are several Tech Branch letters over on recguns.com concerning "manufacturing a high-capacity feeding device", and the common thread is the original firearm.

In this case, the components would have to be easily dismantled so that the drum could be installed on a Suomi SMG and the tower could fit into whatever it originally was made for.

If you want to use a Suomi drum on a MAC-like device, check out the MPA-971 over at www.rpbusa.com.

mpa971_shadowbox.jpg

That's the drum I planned on using. I got a response from C & S Metal-Werkes saying the following....

"Sorry...they havent been made in years...BATF has ruled that they can't be

made post crime bill...sorry.....only HK drums left..old stock......"

So it appears that it can't be done legally which is the only way I'd do it. Oh well.

I wish www.rpbusa.com had uppers for the MAC like they do the FAL. I saw some cool ones at the last Knob Creek machinegun shoot but at a glance it looked like they used their original mags. I'll keep looking. :D