REMOVAL OF ORIGIONAL STOCK

Is there a trick to removing the origional stock? I've replaced the one on my .223 and it was no problem, just remove the three screws , a little prying and it was off. With the .308, only two screws and pry, pry, pry, tap tap, then beat, but it will not move! I figured I had better ask some of you that are way more experienced before I destroyed something!

Thanks guys, There are only two screws on this on as opposed to three on my 223 and I removed both before I started prying. Glad to hear that mine was not the only tight one!!

Are you sure? My 308 has 3 screws, 1 under the dust cover.

MAV...BINGO!!!

Attention K-MART shoppers, before installing new stock, read instructions, even if you've replaced one on your other rifle.DOAH!! After something about me being a dumda** left my lips, my wife said " you're not a dumba**, you're just a man ". I did not remember the third screw being under the dust cover...must be gettin a bit of sometimers! LOL

I guess tearing our dryer down this afternoon just drained what little I had left of my brain. :eek

Thanks guys, There are only two screws on this on as opposed to three on my 223 and I removed both before I started prying. Glad to hear that mine was not the only tight one!!

Are you sure? My 308 has 3 screws, 1 under the dust cover.

My 308, 223, and Saiga 12 all had 3 screws holding on the stock....