Sign in to follow this  
unclejake

REMOVAL OF ORIGIONAL STOCK

Is there a trick to removing the origional stock? I've replaced the one on my .223 and it was no problem, just remove the three screws , a little prying and it was off. With the .308, only two screws and pry, pry, pry, tap tap, then beat, but it will not move! I figured I had better ask some of you that are way more experienced before I destroyed something!

I have had one like that, make sure that all the screws are out, then smack away with a rubber mallet until you get it done... or pry between stock and trunnion.. I dont know but my was stuck like no other also..

Thanks guys, There are only two screws on this on as opposed to three on my 223 and I removed both before I started prying. Glad to hear that mine was not the only tight one!!

Thanks guys, There are only two screws on this on as opposed to three on my 223 and I removed both before I started prying. Glad to hear that mine was not the only tight one!!

Are you sure? My 308 has 3 screws, 1 under the dust cover.

I lay the gunstock on a chair, put all my weight on one knee on the stock then grip the barrel and wiggle the gun side to side ( or up and down in relation to the floor) and that helps to loosen things up!

:smoke:

MAV...BINGO!!!

Attention K-MART shoppers, before installing new stock, read instructions, even if you've replaced one on your other rifle.DOAH!! After something about me being a dumda** left my lips, my wife said " you're not a dumba**, you're just a man ". I did not remember the third screw being under the dust cover...must be gettin a bit of sometimers! LOL

I guess tearing our dryer down this afternoon just drained what little I had left of my brain. :eek

Are you sure? My 308 has 3 screws, 1 under the dust cover.

My 308, 223, and Saiga 12 all had 3 screws holding on the stock....

Folks....

FACTORY SAIGAS *ALL* COME WITH THREE ( 3) SCREWS HOLDING THE BUTTSTOCKS ON!!!

:smoke: