Not sure if I will ever need one, but at this price, why not get several,

I got 3

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEA-Scott-Full-Face-Ga...%3A1|240%3A1318

and 3 of these,

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-SEA-Sealed-Particul...93%3A1|294%3A50

and 5 of these,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...n%3D4%26ps%3D42

Tried 'em and tested them all, THEY WORK Excellent!, the dog farted and I didn't even smell it,..

the mask alone retails for over $200, they were clean, and looked like they were for training or something

Had to pass it along to anyone who might want or need one too,..nice carry box,.. has enough room for 1 sealed cartridge,..

seems like a great value. Anyone here have much experience with these types of things and can give some advice? I've been thinking of buying something like this for my wife and I for a bit now... I'd jump all over it if it's a good as a value as it seems!

Just a quick note on gas masks: the filter used for tear gas is different than the one for nerve gas, so its important to know which filter you have before you use it. Also, most filters contain activated charcoal and therefore have a shelf life, so its important to know the expiration date of an unopened filter. They also expire somewhat quickly once opened.

Oh, and it should go without saying that you should be proficient with the actual use of the mask as well!

FWIW, the masks come with instructions,

the julian lot date on the mil spec stuff looks good still,

good point about the tear/Nerve gas thing these are NBC filters (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, I think that covers tear gas under chemical), you can also get CRNB cartridges.

I had a friend describe to me how to -Re-activate Charcoal in these types of filters for continued use, however it is obviously a last ditch attempt.

An like I said, the dog farted, I didn't smell a thing,..

Edited by Gas Giant
FWIW, the masks come with instructions,

the julian lot date on the mil spec stuff looks good still,

good point about the tear/Nerve gas thing these are NBC filters (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, I think that covers tear gas under chemical), you can also get CRNB cartridges.

I had a friend describe to me how to -Re-activate Charcoal in these types of filters for continued use, however it is obviously a last ditch attempt.

An like I said, the dog farted, I didn't smell a thing,..

Thanks for the links. These look like they'd still come in handy for a pandemic event. 3M makes some good half-masks but I like the idea of full containment for Personal Protection Equipment. From everything that I've read, 40mm NATO filters looks like they would keep out viruses. I also like the idea of the voice amplification, especially if used for the primary care provider. Excellent. By the way, I think I took the last batch of the 40mm filters, but you can get those just about anywhere.

Gas masks are nice for tear gas. Pray to whatever major or minor deity you believe in that you never encounter anything worse than that. CBR warfare is scary stuff, and the best defense is be somewhere where it isn't likely to happen and try not to think about the unlikely possibilities. :ph34r:

I've used scott packs in the Fire Department, but thats only for smoke, for real threats like mustard gas ect. you MUST have a full suit, or you'll burn up or absorb things and eventually get fucked or die. BTW, bleach is a good thing to have....kills things like Sarin, rinse down your skin with water with a slight amount of bleach(0.5%-1%) if your exposed, if your REALLY serious about the protection, have a atropine/2-PAM auto injector for treatment *NOT A LONG TERM TREATMENT* thats meant to keep you alive to get real help. BTW, any LE or FD or EMS people here, once a year the government gives classes (FOR FREE) on how to deal with these situations, i believe in Alabama.....sign up and have fun, and you get to play with LIVE nerve agents...and ignore kits that include Valium for treatment of convulsions/seizures after being exposed to nerve gases, this doesn't help your cause of getting away and getting help...and just in case anything does happen....if you run to help without being calm, guess what? I'm shooting you dead so you don't expose me, yell at EMS personnel and tell them what you have so they can expect it (I get super pissed when i'm exposed to TB) if you don't, you will be dead one way or another. SO what have we learned today kiddies?

1. If your exposed and your not wearing a suit, mask or no mask your gonna get fucked up

2. If you run wildly at EMS, you may be shot

3. Get real and get the things you need, auto injectors, bleach and water, and real help.

4. GET A FULL BODY SUIT WITH AIR TANK if you get anything at all...and duct tape (for boots and hands area)

PS: Auto injector kits are hard if not impossible to get for civilians, so good luck lol. In event of a real attack, kiss your ass goodbye, the country isn't well prepared, but no country is......

Edited by Vultite