Beltfed 12 Gauge

DAAAAAAAAAMN!

It looks like it uses a system similar to a Browning. The pull the round from the back of the belt and lower it into the chamber type of thing.

I have a design for converting a tube fed shotgun into a belt fed. It would work better on some models than on others. A Remington 1100 or 1187 or a Browning A5 should work well. Unfortunately, the Saiga wouldn't work well.

It uses a spring loaded plunger inside tha magazine attached to the recoiling sleeve the Remingtons have or the barrel band the Browning has that rides on the mag tube. This is directly in front of the belt, which comes in from one side of the mag tube and out the other, near the rearmost part of the mag tube. The belt is little more than an elastic strip attached to a nylon strap, like you can buy at a gun show. When the gun is cycled, the plunger pushes the round on the nose and back into the receiver. The follower is smaller in diameter than the shell, so it fits into the belt easily.

Using a type of feed pawl, the plunger moves to the side once the round is out of the belt, advancing the belt. It's hard to picture it from a description, but I'll eventually build up a prototype and see how well it works. Right now, I only have the design.

I hope this all made sense.

Corbin

Hopefully they can get the bugs worked out and not have to charge several thousand dollars for the belt fed upper.

And yes, H2SO4 refered to in my signature is sulfuric acid.

yeah, drinking sulfuric acid would suck... :eek:

:smoke: