My S12 is converted with a Tapco trigger group. I have the DPH tri rail which is made in the USA, but it is not stamped USA anywhere. My mags are USA made as well.

I want to put a CAA stock and pistol grip on it, both of those are made in Isreal, which would add to my foreign parts count.

What do I need to change to make it 922 compliant. Piston, operating rod, and/or what else?

Thanks guys,

Darin

My S12 is converted with a Tapco trigger group. I have the DPH tri rail which is made in the USA, but it is not stamped USA anywhere. My mags are USA made as well.

I want to put a CAA stock and pistol grip on it, both of those are made in Isreal, which would add to my foreign parts count.

What do I need to change to make it 922 compliant. Piston, operating rod, and/or what else?

Thanks guys,

Darin

You didn't say whether the barrel is threaded

Saiga shotguns with threaded barrels are imported with 14 922r parts.

Tapco FCG -3...............14-3=11

DPH Tri rail -1..............11-1=10 (save receipt)

CAA stock - 0...............10-0=10

CAA pistol grip +1........10=1=11

US made mag -3...........11-3=8

So, you're compliant as long as you use US made magazines.

If you want to be able to use foreign mags swap out one more part, i.e. a gas piston or US made muzzle brake.

If it's a shotgun with unthreaded barrel you're already set (since they start with 13 922r parts).

Edited by cma g21

Thanks for the reply, but why does the grip add a foreign part and not the stock. is it because the stock was foreign to begin with when it was shipped in it's sporterized condition?

Nevermind, I answered my own question.

Thanks again.

Edited by hallboss