Krebs Combat Shotgun Sights

I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents, 1st, dremel the rear sight. I wish I had the time back I spent trying to pound it out. 2 minutes tops with a new cutoff wheel. If you have a small triangular file, use it to put a small lead in on the dovetail notch on the barrel. Makes it easier to get the Krebs rear started. 2nd, center the Krebs sight. You can make your windage adjustments much easier by loosening the two cap screws on the front sight base and moving it. Use a pencil to make a mark on the FSB and a matching one on the barrel. It will give you a reference point to go back to. Make your elevation adjustment after that.

I also would like to know how much higher the Krebs sights are over the stock sights. I have the Chaos quad rail, and it pretty much covers the stock sights. I would like the Krebs battle sights if they would be higher than the quad rail. Also, the Krebs sights are cool looking.

Do the front sights have adjustment for elevation?

yes elevation is done with front sight, windage by drifting the rear. It would be a crude system for a rifle, but on a shotgun its perfect.

PS: love the new avatar.

Edited by Nailbomb

As a noob, I've mostly been just lurking (see, I'm getting the jargon down) but had to tell you about the excellent customer service at Krebs.

While drifting in the rear site with a plastic mallet, I managed to break the rear sight base. I called Krebs and asked if they would sell me a new rear sight. I fully blamed myself for breaking the part, explaining that I know better and should have done a little filing rather than forcing the fit. Brain thanked me for being honest and sent me another rear sight at no charge. He had me send the old one back so they could check the steel's harness just in case that was an issue.

Excellent customer service right there. I'm in NY and can't add a pistol grip to my S12 (UGH!), but looked at Krebs first for the RAA skeleton stock. I even bought a tee shirt.

I'm getting great little 4 inch groups off the bag at 50 yards with Remington 2.75" Sluggers and the Krebs sights. Have to use 3" Sluggers to get the elevation right at 100 yards, but I still get minute of bad guy (or whitetail) 6 inch groups off the bag at that distance.

I'm in NY and can't add a pistol grip to my S12 (UGH!)

Please go through the pictures post and see the builds 22 Shooter(PG11), jaymce(PG 12), and myself(PG 13) have.

22 shooter and myself are from NY also, i'm not positive on the rules and regulations that made jaymce choose the SLR-95 stock.

I'm in NY and can't add a pistol grip to my S12 (UGH!)

Please go through the pictures post and see the builds 22 Shooter(PG11), jaymce(PG 12), and myself(PG 13) have.

22 shooter and myself are from NY also, i'm not positive on the rules and regulations that made jaymce choose the SLR-95 stock.

Thanks Nailbomb - BTW I'm in Oneida County, Town of Marcy.

I've seen 22 Shooters (Evil Empire Conversion) and your pics with the Bulgy skeleton stock and searched the threads regarding NY regs. I even spoke with the State Police regarding the legality of thumbhole stocks on the S12. They confirmed that the NYSP don't consider thumbhole stocks to be pistol grips.

The only thing that makes me shy from the Bulgarian as opposed to the RAA is the part of the NYS law that reads "protrudes conspicuously from beneath the action". If you emphasize "beneath", the forward (thumbhole or "grip" if you will) portion of the Bulgy is beneath the action, the "grip" portion of the RAA is BEHIND the action (receiver).

I fully understand the pluses of the conversion, but the whole issue is too gray for this noob to feel comfortable. I'm even a bit nervous about the RAA.

Edited by Citizen Bob
  • 1 year later...

I've been looking at these recently (and a XS tritium stripe or big dot front post) for their advantage in slug accuracy with minimal detriment to speed-nothing beats a bead for fast shots or even the familiarity of the factory irons which have a sight picture similar to a pistol. But I like the high visibility and accuracy potential without optic of this setup. Also cosmetically makes 19" not look so damn long