What else should I get "before a ban"?

God only knows if, and when a ban will happen and what it will include.

But we are pretty smart animals, so lets just brain storm on this one for "what ifs"

So far I've purchased:

10 pmags

Mega Lower

Saiga 12

20 round drum for Saiga

2 - 10 round clips for the Saiga

As long as my tax return gets here friday, (its been delayed) I will be buying the following:

HK P30

1000 rounds of 5.56

Iron Ridge Arms .308 stripped lower

hopefully some .308 ammo

10 .308 Pmags when they come out (I'm on 2 waiting lists)

As I type this I'm also having built from a flat & parts kit at one of the best smiths in the business is an HK53 & at another top notch smith is my Saiga 12 converted to a side folder with pistol grip & 8" barrel.

Now technically I still need everything else for an ar-15, all I have is the stripped lower. I will also have to build my .308, but need to wait for Iron Ridge Arms to produce their matching upper, which wont be for about 9-12 months. (I should have their new lower in about 4 weeks, its a DPMS configuration)

So what do you guys think?

What is the next hot, "AW ban" parts that I need to get next?

I still need and I will get all other "survival" gear and needs later and at some point. But I want to get the stuff right now that will be likely to not be available.

Edited by TronJohn

You don't mention being a reloader, but for those who are, I believe that internet and mail order powder and primer sales will be high on the hit list. I don't reload shotshells, but I do know that you can load at least 10x the # of rounds that you have of boxer primed metallic cartridge brass, if you load correctly, if your loads are not too hot, and if you have the other components to do so.

Remember it is important to buy everything you can, make sure you do your part in keeping the prices as inflated as possible. Don't worry about the bad economy, spend ALL your money on guns and gun parts! Anytime you see anything for sale you should just buy it, it never hurts to have a lifetime supply of widgets!!!

:rolleyes:

This is my own opinion so take it for what it's worth...

You can probably slow down because there is not going to be a ban in the next few years. Maybe at the end of BO's term if it looks unlikely he will win re-election he may try to push a ban through but even then I doubt he has the political will to do it. A new comprehensive firearms bill will take an extreme amount of political capital and wrangling to push through both houses of congress and I don't think it is a reality with all the other serious issues people expect him to tackle. In the mean time you are just adding to the panic and pushing the prices of everything higher. I know many people disagree with me but don't expect there to be any serious firearm regulation legislation in the near future it is just not feasible no matter how much the anti crowd wants it.

Next time you hear or read something about the coming gun ban see who or where the information comes from and usually someone that is pushing it is somehow profiting from this panic. It is prudent to take steps to hedge your bet, I have made some serious firearm purchases in the past 6 months, most of it was before the election, but the mass hysteria buying is doing none of us civilians any good.

To answer your question though, more ammo and mags never hurt nobody. Reloading supplies is a good thing also that is what I am looking to buy next. I have about 1000 spent 7.62 Nato brass waiting for me.

I feel you, I'm not paying inflated prices though.

I've only bought things that were at their normal prices.

I've been buying this shit since november.

Dont get me wrong, at some point, I'd like to double everything I have in stock, but I'm just getting enough for me worse case scenario.

I'd like to get a whole reloading setup, but thats like 2k by the time I buy all the power and cases I want.

I would personally recommend as the above:

AMMO

AMMO

and yet more!

AMMO

There may not be a ban, but they could and may stick it to us with a 500% tax on AMMO! I am currently buying about $200 a month ( unknown to my wife / hidden in the basement behind kids old report cards ) Also if things do go terribly wrong ( i am not chicken little ) you will feel safe with your 1000 rounds of 12 shot 00 buck!!

Having been through the last ban.....I will give you this.

Ammo was never banned. It could happen, but it wasn't an issue last time.

The run of mill shit, didn't really go up that much. AR magazines.....forget it. They were $12 bucks before the ban...they were $12 bucks 9.9 years after the ban and there was never a shortage.

Even with a ban like that last one, you can still get whatever the fuck you want, you just may have to pay more for it. The items that went WAY up, were recently introduced items, not AR or AK or FAL shit that has been around forever.

An FN SCAR will be hot. Any pistols or high cap pistol mags, that have only been out a short while with jump in price 10 fold. The Saiga-12 will be a winner...the MD drum, off the charts.

Stay away from "investing" in AR lowers, AR mags, anything that has been around and popular for years and years. That shit will be surplus after the ban and will actually drop in price due to the extreme surplus imediately after a ban.

Tony

The most significant difference between any upcoming ban and the last one....is the internet. In 1994 the internet was not rolling like it is today. Most gun guys didn't know shit until the ban was printed in the newspaper. Prices for Pre-ban stuff went up almost immediately when guys figured out it was already too late. That's not the issue today. Everyone and their fucking brother has been stock piling shit....the word is out. If you think you'll sell that pre-ban AR lower for 5 times the money a week after the next ban....you're a fucking idiot. You will eventually sell it for a pile, but you will be sitting on it for years before you'll see that kind of return. If you have a bunch of AR lowers right now.....you should sell them now or sell them 15 years down the road. Selling them 3 years after the ban would be a poor plan.

The tax on the ammo isn't what concerns me. It is the laser etching this time since we have folks from California seem to be running things. I also believe when Fauxbomma pulls the plug on the wars he will not allow ammo production to be diverted back to civilian hands.

Just a guess on my part.

Yakdung

A 50cal rifle and ammo/components

Surefire 12rd mags

MD drums

Beta mag

Ammo

You cant go wrong in the long run,not everyones buying to profit but to just have encase theres a realy f*cked up ban of some sort. Actualy most things should have been bought long ago before the current frenzy,you may be paying out the butt now.

Been around since the GCA 68. though Carter, Clinton (remember Reno, Ruby Ridge and WACO), (Bunch of Bushes) and now Obama. One thing you can't forget ------------------------don't ever forget ===========

How badly the radical Left want a total and complete gun ban. They will stop at nothing. They may wait for a majority of members in the Senate (watch out here comes the clown: Al Franken) Then it will sweep congress. They may wait for one more Supreme Court Justice (they know there will be an appeal) Then it will be done.

My 2 cents

Now what are you prepaired to do about it?

Edited by Fluid Power

Sadly the only thing that is still available (And CHEAP) is 12 guage ammo. Buy it up. Get a reloader too and plenty of components before the Liberals ban Lead, BBs, hulls, powder...etc.

Those that waited to buy Mil ammo are gonna pay the price IF they can get it.

If anyone is in my neck of the woods I'll GIVE you enough ammo to fill a couple of mags worth if you're in need. I'd guess others would do the same to a fellow Patriot.

The most significant difference between any upcoming ban and the last one....is the internet. In 1994 the internet was not rolling like it is today. Most gun guys didn't know shit until the ban was printed in the newspaper. Prices for Pre-ban stuff went up almost immediately when guys figured out it was already too late. That's not the issue today. Everyone and their fucking brother has been stock piling shit....the word is out. If you think you'll sell that pre-ban AR lower for 5 times the money a week after the next ban....you're a fucking idiot. You will eventually sell it for a pile, but you will be sitting on it for years before you'll see that kind of return. If you have a bunch of AR lowers right now.....you should sell them now or sell them 15 years down the road. Selling them 3 years after the ban would be a poor plan.

Your insight and perspective are, as always, impressive. I will continue to buy things that I can get at fair and decent prices. Smart manufacturers are keeping their prices low, filling up backorder lists, and guaranteeing demand for their production over the next year.

Did any of you notice that, literally until election day, you could get stripped AR lowers for $99? Manufacturing capacity dedicated to "bannable items" is so much higher now than it was 15 years ago that, until the last four months, prices had been dropping across the board. They will drop again, especially since all of the manufacturers have boosted production and a lot of purchases were from pent-up (or, more accurately, put-off) demand. In the meantime, I have my bases covered.

Ammo import could easily be banned. Get all that you can afford.

I would be selective about what ammo you are considering buying.

5.56/223/12gauge is produced by the buttload domestically. It's the other stuff that's currently cheap that may go by the wayside.

One problem though: the cheap stuff can also be corrosive so stockpiling a lifetime supply might not be in your best interest.

It's the cheap foreign made stuff that could be banned from import -- well, just like cheap foreign name "sporting rifles".

Examples:

* imports of cheap steel core 7.62x39 dissapeared with a stoke of the pen when they classified it as AP

* parts kit with complete barrels stopped coming in 3-5 years ago.

---

That being said, please buy what you want.

We need to keep this economy going so fill up at the trough, boys.

-g

I guess one of my biggest concerns with the next ban is a possibility of it being permanent. :unsure:

With politicians, the only permanent thing is how they try to fuck you. Even if it were written into law as permanent, it could still be overturned.

"Could" . . .

paraphrased - "The only things infinite are human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not sure about the second one . . ." - Albert Einstein

No offense, but in an infinite universe, anything COULD happen.

Machine guns and hand grenades COULD be sold at Wal-Mart, given that the proper legislation was passed.

And the anti-gun people COULD get what they want.

Let's hope not . . .

I didn't think my Country had enough stupid asses that BHO COULD get elected . . . But here we are . . . :ded:

I feel the real issue is that people get all their goodies, and then lets say a possible "ban" does come around. The consensus of everyone's mindset is going to be "Well I got what I wanted" and they will keep quite about it. What we have to do is oppose any sort of infringement on our 2nd Amendment, not just buy our stuff and bite our teeth... Apart from that, enough magazines, ammo and best a reloader to make that ammo. Self sufficient, who wants to rely on Bimart when SHTF...??!!

i started buying my stuff in the beginnig of 2007 knowing the left was going to win . although i must agree i dont see anything happening for a couple of years.