Preventing safety scratch

Hey guys, i know this has to be here somewhere, i saw the thread about moving the divot, but i can't find anything on how to prevent the scratch. I'm getting ready to refinish the gun and I don't want that damn scratch there, should I just grind off the divot all together or ?

that scatch, is what gives your safety lever friction to being moved when you dont want it to move.

thats part of the AK, man, like Joey said. I know, I know, your AR is making mad beauty movements around your AK, but thats how an AK is. Learn to love it.

if you really want to go nuts, you might be able to figure out how to put a ball bearing in place instead of the nipple that is there. that might stop the scratch, but there would still be a line there, Id think.

AR is you beauty queen

-Yeah she looks pretty and she is great to show off to your friends but she is high maintance and is always costing you way too much money for what she's worth. You have to be gentle with her because you never know if you're going to break her or not

AK is your biker chick

-You may not want to show her off because she is not the most beautiful thing on the planet but she is low maintance, always gets the job done and she knocks your socks off in private each and every time you get her out to play. You can be as rough as possible with her and she never breaks and always loves the abuse

You can take these statements as clean or as dirty as you'd like, they apply....

Good luck,

Merritt

Or you could do what I do, just don't use your safety. I got so used to not having a "regular safety" on my Glocks, I very rarely/almost never use one on anything I own.

But that's me . . .

Edited by Raoul_Duke
Hey guys, i know this has to be here somewhere, i saw the thread about moving the divot, but i can't find anything on how to prevent the scratch. I'm getting ready to refinish the gun and I don't want that damn scratch there, should I just grind off the divot all together or ?

Think I know the divot thread you are talking about. It didn't prevent the scratch, just identified that the stock Saiga safety lever has the notch in a non-standard AK position.

The standard position is right in the middle of the indented area a little closer into the pivot point.

That closer in divot requires notches to be cut into the receiver for the divot to "click" into though.

The Saiga's have it a little further out since there's only two positions(Safe,Fire). Both of witch put the divot right on the outer parts of the receiver.

Cost cutting and performs the same.

If you want something to look nice get an AR. The Saiga is an ugly gun that works. That's it's purpose. The pretty thing is an American affectation.

• 6 years later...

Stop the safety from scratching the receiver with this little bushing. It is called "AK Safety Scratch Guard" and is available at monstervalues.com @ $4.99 for two of them. They fit on without altering the weapon or changing the way it works. So if you camo you rifle it wont get scared the first time you move the safety lever.