Anyone remember the North Hollywood Shootout?Know why the anti-gun gubment nazis didn't use it as an excuse for more legislative gun theft?

Because those weapons were smuggled INTO the USA not bought domestically and converted to full auto.

I wipe my ass with these cogs,if they can't ever tell the truth then why should I listen to a damned thing they say?

Edited by SOPMOD
The guns are straw-purchased by U.S. citizens and then smuggled into Mexico!

Somebody show me proof of a mexican citizen (that doesn't have dual citizenship) walking into an American gun store and buying a gun.

I will shoot myself in the head after witnessing it. It will NEVER happen.

Good thing that's already illegal! Problem: Solved.

LOL I already heard all about the AWB from this guy:

CaptainObvious.jpg

LOL

This is just another piece to the puzzle. Another step towards what is down the road. I might sound like some sort of alarmist, although I still believe that the US flag will be flying under the world government flag sometime in the next ten years.

This is just another piece to the puzzle. Another step towards what is down the road. I might sound like some sort of alarmist, although I still believe that the US flag will be flying under the world government flag sometime in the next ten years.

Over my dead body!!!!!!!

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

How? I just want a simple, to-the-point explanation of how this will work. I bet they can't provide that simple answer. :rolleyes:

Also, maybe US politicians should worry about the US first, as opposed to "saving Mexico from our evil guns".

Edited by 22_Shooter
Anyone remember the North Hollywood Shootout?Know why the anti-gun gubment nazis didn't use it as an excuse for more legislative gun theft?

Because those weapons were smuggled INTO the USA not bought domestically and converted to full auto.

Don't forget about the DC Sniper. Another "assault weapon" crime that occured during the ban and was completely unaffected by it.

We need to make a law that makes it illigal for criminals to break the law! Don't you see? they don't follow our laws becaws its legal too! :cryss:

Then right after that we can make some laws that will affect all those pot smokers and drug dealers too! they need to be regulated, and people need to stop using drugs! Drugs are BAD!

oh wait... :ded:

I sent this letter off to a bunch of US senators, I copied it from another forum.

Dear Senator,

Attorney General Eric Holder said yesterday morning that he will seek to reinstate, and make permanent the so-called assault weapons ban that was allowed to expire in 2004.

For ten years, this legislation failed to reduce crime in any significant way, and only served to encumber (and sometimes criminalize) law abiding American gun owners. The very statistics and studies produced by the Justice Department themselves show that these weapons are used in a statistically insignificant portion of crime, and that the expired legislation had no effect on their use in crime.

As Attorney General, Mr Holder should be concerned with the effects of real crime, and not be pushing political agendas, such as gun control. By involving himself in these activities, Mr Holder is wasting the taxpayers time and is in dereliction of his duties as Attorney General. The Attorney General needs to focus on the criminals that are already in society, not on creating a new class of criminals by restricting our constitutionally protected rights.

Please issue a statement that Americans DO NOT WANT a return of the so-called "assault weapons ban", and call for the immediate resignation of Mr Holder.

Sincerely,

I know it's a shocker, but Pelosi and Reid have publicly come out AGAINST the AWB renewal, and said they'll oppose it. That may kill any real chance it has of even coming up in Congress, regardless of what Obama & Holder want.

I'm shocked not just that they oppose it (turns out Reid has always opposed AWBs, and voted against them consistently; who knew?), but that either of them actually had the balls to oppose ANYTHING Obama supports. Have they seen the writing on the wall? Have they learned from history, and finally remember what happened to their party after the '94 AWB was voted into law? All it did that time was cost them control of Congress for 12 years...

Lance, thanks for the letter template. I've sent it off to my U.S. Representative (Lloyd Doggett, D-Austin) as well as to both my Senators (Kay Bailey Hutchison - R-TX and John Cornyn - R-TX). Let's keep the pressure on to ditch this BS!

I know it's a shocker, but Pelosi and Reid have publicly come out AGAINST the AWB renewal, and said they'll oppose it. That may kill any real chance it has of even coming up in Congress, regardless of what Obama & Holder want.

I'm shocked not just that they oppose it (turns out Reid has always opposed AWBs, and voted against them consistently; who knew?), but that either of them actually had the balls to oppose ANYTHING Obama supports. Have they seen the writing on the wall? Have they learned from history, and finally remember what happened to their party after the '94 AWB was voted into law? All it did that time was cost them control of Congress for 12 years...

Obama has been showing minself to be rather weak as a president really... Pelosi seems to be calling the shots right now.

I didn't think it would happen this way either...

Obama has been showing minself to be rather weak as a president really... Pelosi seems to be calling the shots right now.

I wonder if this means the Dems remember what happened the last time they called this stunt? It might just mean that they will wait for a "crsis" to take advantage of. What think is just that congress is just engaging in a power struggle with BO. She wanted the credit.

I think the dems are thinking long term on this one...

They'd rather have 8 years of "change" than 4 years of stuff that will just get overturned when they tick off too many people too fast. Hence Pelosi's objections.

They'd rather boil us slowly than roast us and risk losing the senate majority like they did last time.

Notice that in Pelosi's statements she mentions enforcing existing laws.

Last time we went down this road the BATFE did a "sporting purposes study" on existing imports.

Watch for another importation crackdown. Sorta like they did in 89/90 and like they did after the AK build craze when they started enforcing the abrrel importation thing.

If the BATFE actually enforced what they could a good chunk of our hobby would by up a creek without a paddle. They really wouldn't have to pass any new laws, just enforce ones that are already on the books to the letter.

Obama is a puppet for this Commie Congress we have. Nothing more.