WTF is Up With These Tiny-Ass Sling Swivels?

I have a .223 Saiga that is stock, and I would like for it to remain stock. As title indicates ... I have never seen such small swivels before. They are just barely 7/8".

What two-point sling do you guys use that actually fit in these things? A shoelace? Did you just swap out your swivels? I see plenty of AK-specific slings out there, but they only clip onto the front swivel ... and wrap around rear buttstock. I just want a sling that will fit both swivels, and I don't really want to do anything to the rifle by means of cutting, drilling, etc.

Search resulted in little help ... so any suggestions you folks have would be appreciated.

i saw a Chinese Military Leather Tab Sling on arms of america and it had leather tabs at each end. the tabs look like they would fit. i had the same trouble at first with my saiga. im glad i switched some furniture on my saiga. i had to add an adapter for a sling and it is easily twice the size of the factory ones.

Edited by GregM1

I have a plain 3/4" nylon web-strap sling I got for about $7 and it works okay, but it's taken a little crimp at the place where it goes through the rings. As long as it doesn't need to be adjusted often (or at all) it will do.

I think I got that from Sportsman's Guide.

Edited by heron

Hell, just a wider version of what's already there. Get some heavy-duty steel C ring that's just 1/4" wider. I can find 1" straps all day long.

Sell em in packs of 2. I'm sure you have a jig or something that can bend out 20 sets an hour.

I'd pay $10 a set. Hell, they can be shipped in an envelope!

BTW. I'll need Five sets. :)

I did 2 things to my swivels:

(1) I ordered some 1 1/2" metal loops and cut them to replace my original loops. This let me use any sling I wanted.

(2) I later replaced the front swivel with an Uncle Mike's machine screw swivel with the screw cut off so it was short enough. The stock Russian nut that's in the foregrip will accept a normal 10/32 swivel hardpoint. This let me use standard quick-detach sling loops.

Edited by Mike the Wolf

I got this and works for me. Allen Web Sling $5.99 (this one says it has a padded shoulder strap which mine did not - don't really like the pad) Unfortunately, like almost everything gun related these days, it's out of stock... :cryss: ..but the prob. will get some more in soon ??

Or, you could get one like this w/ swivels and just take off the orig. small swivels and attach it to the left over studs. Allen Sling w/ Swivels The Black color (My Preference) IS Avialable, and will ship today - $15.99.

Yes the one w/o the swivels is tight around the front swivel (I have an upgraded stock, so the rear fits fine), but fit it through & works fine & It's Tough and I'm sure will last a long time.

post-7063-1235941203_thumb.jpg

Edited by BullShark012