Pistol grip mod legal?

I'm new here. I've been shooting for quite a number of years. I had a Saiga 12 but sold it recently (loved it but my nieghbor offered me the same I payed for it). After that I was searching for an AR-15 but couldn't justify the $900 when my SKS does a good job. Then I found out that Saiga made a .223 and .308 rifle. I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I bought both. I haven't even got them yet, but I look forward to shooting both.

I see alot of you have done some kind of pistol grip mod. Is thise legal in the US? I don't know where you guys live, so I don't want to make any assumptions.

-VR-

Which model are you getting? The .308 in 16"? Or are you trying to get the 22"? I'm currently waitng for payment for my Hesse HK91 clone (someone is buying it) and I'm going to pick up 3 Saigas. a .308 16" barrel, a 7.62 x 39 16" barrel and a Saiga 12 gauge 22" full choke model. All for the price of my HK91 clone. I can't wait to start converting.

I called the gun store guy and asked him which one he ordered. At the time, it didn't seem like I had a choice.

He called back and said I could get the 22" version but they only offered it in the wood stock. I agreed. I like the look of the poly stock better but would rather the longer barrel on the .308 any day. I could always buy an OEM stock off someone here or just convert it to a pistol grip.

FCG = fire control group. I did my homework :rolleyes: