WTT AMD 65 Pistol 7.62x39 for Saiga 12 Conversion

Hi, maybe one of you guys can help me out. I want a Saiga 12 conversion but the wife says one must go before another comes in.

What I've got is a AMD 65 pistol built on an Ohio Ordnance Works MK 99 receiver with a Krinkov muzzle break and a Saiga hanguard that fits like a glove. I've got two Hungarian 20 round tanker mags to go with it.

Best case scenario is a face to face trade somewhere in the Northwest. You really need to see and shoot this thing to appreciate the wall of fire it spits out. I'm in the Seattle area and would do a bit of driving if necessary. Thanks for looking!

30521pistol05-med.JPG

30521pistol05-3-med.JPG

30521pistol05-2-med.JPG

WOW.... makes me wish I hadnt just spent almost 2 grand on new saigas last weekend.... :cryss:

I surely would have been interested in THIS baby!!!

Come on folks... YOU *NEED* one of these... help the poor man out in need of a Saiga 12!!!!!

:smoke:

This is an OOW MK 99 7.62x39 receiver build with a registered serial #. These come complete with the center support post, heated rails and axis pin holes. It has a single hook Hungarian FCG, a US made Krinkov break (I can swap this for a slant or standard AMD break if you'd like), a Saiga handguard, an 11 1/2" barrel, all rivet construction, refinished with Duplicolor High Heat ceramic engine enamel, weighs right around 8 pounds empty, takes every standard AK mag made, rear sling swivel on trunnion block, shot very little--approx. 250 rnds, strong rifling, hmmmmmm, Anything else?

I'd also consider 20 gauge or 308 trades.

well, what I am getting at is this...what is the weight limit to be considered a pistol? isnt it way less than 8 pounds? Im a little bit concerned that you might not be aware of its possibility as being a SBR.

The weight limit issue was only in the 1994 AWB. By that definition the pistol would not be legal as it is over 50 ounces and has a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip. With the ending of the ban the restriction is no more.

Further, as long as a legally defined pistol may be fired one handed, has no way to accept a buttstock and has no forward pistol grip it does not fall into the AOW category.

The next consideration is, of course, sec. 922r that specifically only addresses rifles and shotguns. Pistols are not governed by this law, otherwise all imports of Glocks, CZ's, etc. would have been halted.

At this time both Atlantic Arms and Joeken Firearms are producing and selling AK pistols and AR pistols are back on the market by different distributers/manufacturers as well. So until there is a new ban, to the best of everyone's knowledge, these are legal. There are a multitude of threads addressing the legalities of this topic on Gunsnet, Gunco, AKFiles and many others.

Personally I researched this well as I don't feel like Club Fed would be a nice place to spend any amount of time in. The closest I ever want to come to that is maybe take the tour of Alcatraz someday.

Bvamp, thanks for the heads up.

I know NY, Cali, and MI, IIRC, all have more restrictive state laws on the books.

Anyone that is interested please check local and state laws prior to contacting me to be on the safe side.

We're looking at the same type of idiocy here in Wa state this year. 1st the Demorats steal the Governor's office, then they want to steal our guns and real estate. We'll fight it all the way though.

Hugegator-

Democrats do not steal elections. Only the vast right wing conspiracy is capable of doing anything that evil. The Democrats simply ensure that all of the common downtrodden ditizens get to vote their conscience. TWICE!!!!

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.