Where is all the 7.62x39 ammo....Help a brother out!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 1,000 Barnaul Brown Bear for $300 on Gunbroker. Not cheap, but way better then the small amounts of expensive I have seen. Classic Arms has about that price on Wolf, and about the same for Yugo brass/Berdan mildly corrosive.

Sportsman Guide has a big shipment coming in on March 16. I ordered 1000 for $216..member price. I've got enough plinkin rounds to do until then.

Did you call in or was it on their website? I am not seeing it right now. Thanks!

I saw the same thing on Sat and woke to order today and it was all sold.

I will never wait again. I'm p($)($

I did find Wolf military 7.63x39 at dicks sporting goods

In Pittsburgh $7.99 for 20 I bought all they had 10 boxes.

I think I have a line on bulk $280 for 1000. I'll know for sure in the morning.

Not to be too depressing...but....here's all I could find today (good thing I've got plenty)...

Wolf 7.62x39 HP (Cheaper Than Dirt ---Yeah, right...)

Not that you would want to pay that - just posted it, as I couldn't Believe My Eyes at this price! Hell I recently (late last yr.) got even better Russian ammo for about $5 a box of 20. WTF ?? And they state on the home page, better get it while it lasts!

edit: oh, and they're wanting $17.99 for 20 Rds.!!! (to let you know - just in case they are sold out & the price doesn't show on the product) It has gotten ridiculous lately......

Edited by BullShark012
Not to be too depressing...but....here's all I could find today (good thing I've got plenty)...

Wolf 7.62x39 HP (Cheaper Than Dirt ---Yeah, right...)

Not that you would want to pay that - just posted it, as I couldn't Believe My Eyes at this price! Hell I recently (late last yr.) got even better Russian ammo for about $5 a box of 20. WTF ?? And they state on the home page, better get it while it lasts!

edit: oh, and they're wanting $17.99 for 20 Rds.!!! (to let you know - just in case they are sold out & the price doesn't show on the product) It has gotten ridiculous lately......

That is friggin rediculous. You may as well pay for the US made brass stuff for the price they want for Wolf and reload it.

Mr. Smith, I saw it on the website Friday. I had checked on cheaperthandirt right before I went to Sportsmans Guide and the best they could do was $399 / 1000, I then hurried over to SG and when I saw that deal, I immediately called customer service to check availibilty, that's when they told me backordered till March 16th. I figured for that price, I could wait!! Glad that I did now!

Friday was a red letter day for me, picked up a 7.62 for $399 from peachstateguns, and the deal on the ammo..yeah my team!

Edited by unclejake

Mr. Smith, I saw it on the website Friday. I had checked on cheaperthandirt right before I went to Sportsmans Guide and the best they could do was $399 / 1000, I then hurried over to SG and when I saw that deal, I immediately called customer service to check availibilty, that's when they told me backordered till March 16th. I figured for that price, I could wait!! Glad that I did now!

Friday was a red letter day for me, picked up a 7.62 for $399 from peachstateguns, and the deal on the ammo..yeah my team!

SG has Brown Bear 7.62x39 for $148 for 500 rds as of this morning

It used to be that with "Cheaper than Dirt" they used to actually have some bargains now and then. I haven't found one thing that I have wanted to order over the last 2 years.

Maybe they ought to change the name to " Sky High" .

louielouie

Cabela's had it for $285/1000 plus shipping on Tues. Might be gone now. :smoke:

I put one of those and one of their spam cans on backorder the other day, now I just need to find a small amount instock somewhere for the occasional plinking until that comes in.

AK Addict, that is just WRONG!! You shoulda kept that to yourself! LOL Good for you Bubba. And forget the SG order coming in March 16...try July!

I just got an e-mail from Adam from Peachststeguns and he said that his order of ammo that just arrived had went way up . Gonna give him a call monday and check out the details.

I'm in MI and depending on how desperate you are, you can get Golden Bear 7.62x39 FMJ 20/box for 7.99 at Gander Mountain, M-59 and Schoenherr.

Wolf JHP for 5.99/box 20 at Dunhams on Vandyke in Centerline.

Hope that helps someone.

Al

I havn't bought 7.62X39 in a while. People were telling me I was nuts for buying up ammo when it was still under 15 cents a round. My best deal was 1320 rounds of Russian white box 122gn HP for 150$

1 of 21-6760 WOLF 7.62 X 39 122 GR HOLLOW POINT W/ BOX 7.62X39 122G HP1000

Shipped-03/12/09

I waited three weeks on backorder for Cabelas, but they finally shipped.

Yeah My Cabelas order is shipping too

it was a bit of a wait but it is cold here anyway. in a few months might have to order some more.