Where is all the 7.62x39 ammo....Help a brother out!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up:

ammoman.com has the 7.62 FMJ wolf in stock, $299 shipped. Not a smokin deal, but its available ammo

In these dark days under the heel of King Barry, when it comes to the price of "naughty" cartridges like the 7.62x39, "smokin deal" needs to be redefined. ~$0.29/rnd, (the above ammoman deal), is the cheapest I've found anywhere lately, and that price includes shipping.. so I bought 1k of it. Checked back later in the day and he's now stopped accepting orders so he can "catch up". I seriously doubt he's got any of it left.. the demand is so high. I should've bought 2k.. damn it :killer:

Oh and btw, thanks for the heads-up, duece212. I'll definitely be checking ammoman regularly from now on. I really like the fact that he includes the shipping in his price, which is like getting a ~$25-35 discount.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I got in for 1k of 7.62 and 500 of the wolf .45acp this morning, glad somebody besides me was able to get in on it.

I have spam cans on order from cabela's as well, the 7.62 says its down to a 0 to 1 week backorder if anybody dares to trust the estimate :rolleyes:

It used to be that with "Cheaper than Dirt" they used to actually have some bargains now and then. I haven't found one thing that I have wanted to order over the last 2 years.

Maybe they ought to change the name to " Sky High" .

louielouie

Roger that, They need to change the name to" expensive as shit". I am afraid this is going to get worse. The commies will eliminate ammo so they will not have to ban your guns and some dumbasses will say "see the Dems are progun".They will pull the back door crap like with the DoD brass issue and soon the Kenyan king, chairman comrade maobama will eliminate ALL non-domestic ammunition importation and it will be a blip on the screen mark my words....

Heads up again...Cabela's has wolf MC 7.62 in stock now if anybody else is looking:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...requestid=23350

Thanks brother. I just put in an order for 2k of them, immediatly after reading your post. Man, I thought it was hard finding 7.62 ammo, I spent around six hours yesterday, and probably an add'l ten more last week looking for powder. Damn near everyone is sold out, and many aren't back ordering.

Cheaper Than (no one) Dirt has moved to the level of pond scum in my book. Yes the who;esale price has gone up, but most places like Cabelas and others at least don't gouge. CTD is charging almost $18 a box for Wolf. I saw my local dealer had WInchester ball for $15, and it was reloadable. :chris:

Cheaper Than (no one) Dirt has moved to the level of pond scum in my book. Yes the who;esale price has gone up, but most places like Cabelas and others at least don't gouge. CTD is charging almost $18 a box for Wolf. I saw my local dealer had WInchester ball for $15, and it was reloadable. :chris:

Yep, CtD will get none of my business in the future.. what they're doing is detestable. In my experience, they're a bunch of dicks anyway.

Got an email this morning that Cabela's is offering free shipping on orders $175+. Dunno if x39 is still is stock, but you could at least lock in the free shipping.

Unfortunately ammo is excluded from the free shipping offer. Seems that 19 bucks covers shipping on any quantity of ammo for me though, so order enough and its cheap :)

As noted by others, if people would quit paying ridiculous prices for this stuff, the price would come down. To the guy who says we need to redefine "smoking deal": Negative. We need to just quit paying 30 cents a round for this stuff, and the price will come down. Y'all are fueling the fire.

As noted by others, if people would quit paying ridiculous prices for this stuff, the price would come down. To the guy who says we need to redefine "smoking deal": Negative. We need to just quit paying 30 cents a round for this stuff, and the price will come down. Y'all are fueling the fire.

When a person wants to shoot and has no ammo, what are they to do though. Some weren't smart enough to stock up when prices were right. SG still has cases for 200...300 is still ridiculous but atleast its not like the vultures on gunbroker raking people for 450 shipped a case.

It is what it is, hopefully demand drops soon and prices come back inline with something tolerable

Yeah, I understand, sort of. I bought a decent amount the couple of years leading up to the election, about 3500 rounds, but nowhere near as much as I want. For a while, if I wanted to shoot my AK, I would just go by Academy and pick up a few boxes, but now they don't even really carry it any more. I've just decided that all I'm shooting is 22lr, 12 gauge cheap stuff, and .308 reloads. I'm just sitting on everything else I've got. I'd rather hoard what I already have, than go out and shoot it, honestly. I've shot AK's so much over the years that it's really kinda old hat at this point. I still love the things, but I'd rather keep the ammo as "just in case" insurance.

For those living where there are Academy stores, I recently bought some of the Russian made ammo they sell under the Monarch name. The price wasn't too bad.

Checked and Local Academy had Monarch for 5.69 a 20 rd box.

It's not bad ammo........Bought 4x 500 rd cases of it there for 74.80ea back in Oct. Would like to see that again. My kids go through it fast! :rolleyes:

For those living where there are Academy stores, I recently bought some of the Russian made ammo they sell under the Monarch name. The price wasn't too bad.

Checked and Local Academy had Monarch for 5.69 a 20 rd box.

It's not bad ammo........Bought 4x 500 rd cases of it there for 74.80ea back in Oct. Would like to see that again. My kids go through it fast! :rolleyes:

I just checked out sportsmans guide- they're all out of the x39. however, i was able to get 5,000 cci .22's for 249 including shipping. I love plinking those little guys.