Where is all the 7.62x39 ammo....Help a brother out!

Went to SG for lunch today and they had Wolf 7.62X39 FMJ, 7 - 640 round tuna cans in the box for $156 each (walk in only) and 4 - 500 rounds in sealed poly bag for $116 each. I bought one can and one bag! ;)

Oh, I forgot, they did say they were completely out in the warehouse (I was in the walk in outlet store).

Also, they had quite a few (8-10) 1000 round .223 55 gn at $256

Edited by Fluid Power
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The shortage of 7.62 Russian ammo is still creating a sellers market. If the US gov't ever gets tired of buying commercial Russian ammo buy the plane load (C-5 load actually, and that's a hell of a lot per plane) and trying to rebuild the Afgan military we might see some decent quanities again.......but the ammunition buying panic across the country is going to keep the prices up for awhile..........But where in the hell we are buying new product, while my old EOD buddies are burnin the captured Iraq ammo by the ton............just makes no sense to a poor ol farm boy like me...................But I've said repeatedly....." If I ran my business like they run the Yankee Federal Government, I'd go to jail"............... :smoke:

..................But I've said repeatedly....." If I ran my business like they run the Yankee Federal Government, I'd go to jail"............... :smoke:

ha ha ha... good one... or you'd be a homeless beggar lookin' to the gub'ment to provide all the necessities you're 'entitled' to.

I believe that www.the-armory.com also has some wolf 7.62x39 HP right now.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/stor...62x39_ammo.html

..................But I've said repeatedly....." If I ran my business like they run the Yankee Federal Government, I'd go to jail"............... :smoke:

ha ha ha... good one... or you'd be a homeless beggar lookin' to the gub'ment to provide all the necessities you're 'entitled' to.

I believe that www.the-armory.com also has some wolf 7.62x39 HP right now.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/stor...62x39_ammo.html

Yep, looks like it. They also want ~$0.35 per round, (or more if you buy less than 500 rnds). Ouch. :sick:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Getting into the ammo Backorder queue at Cabelas isn't a bad idea. They let you backorder what you want and then fill the backorders, first-come-first-served, when a shipment arrives. The stuff never appears to be in stock because incoming shipments are already spoken for by the backorders.

The prices are a little better then Widener's (much better if you're only ordering 500 at a time), plus they give you a plastic dry box/ammo can...for whatever that's worth. The delay between ordering and shipping can be a few weeks, though....not much different than Widener's in that respect.

Midway doesn't make use of Backorders to the extent Cabelas does. Instead you get on a "notify-me" list for the product you want and old Larry emails you when he gets some in. Then you gotta be quick to jump on it before it's gone. But while he has some around, it will show in-stock on his site for a few days or hours. His prices do beat Cabelas', however.

Bob

Edited by 555JM

Well, Like I say, Prepare...all you guys who didn't stock up may be F***ed. We shall see if it loosens up some later...good luck...I've looked EVERYWHERE...NONE. I've quit going to the range anymore...no practice Needed!

I can't hardly even find my .22 mag ammo anymore (got lucky today!)...gotta love BO - I heard He ordered 50 $ BILLION, Yes Billion Dollars worth of ammo to hold and keep off the market until he can get the 500% ammo tax up and running. So, there u go.! Good thing I got plenty! Good Luck everybody!

Edited by BullShark012

Again thanks for the tips. Have an order in with Wideners just waiting for shipping and just got on Cabelas list for some Wolf Tins. Hope it does get better but I don't see it happening. Too many people late to the game who are used to current prices. It can't be good when ammoman is constantly out of ammo.

As of today at 4PM PDT, J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ had about 40K rounds of 7.62x39 HP for $260 per 1k + shipping. Not shown on their website, so give them a call.

(928) 445-9650

because it sold out in 30 minutes.

Holy crap haha

.223 WOLF 55gr. SMALL SHIPMENT ARRIVED. 500 ROUND CASE-$184.95, 2 CASE LIMIT

7.62x39 WOLF 1000rd case or 7.62X39 BROWN BEAR - NEW SHIPMENT OF BROWN BEAR-500RD. CASE $189.00, 2 CASE LIMIT

For bulk pricing on ammo, call: (845) 227-4100 10:00AM-5PM EST

Prices effective 04/09/09

As of now, Sportsman's Guide is sold out of Brown Bear, but they still have some Golden Bear FMJ at a pretty excellent price. On a sidenote, according to their site, the Golden Bear FMJ's specs are: Muzzle velocity: 2,430 F.P.S. Muzzle energy: 1,612 ft.-lbs. While the Brown Bear FMJ's specs are: Muzzle Velocity: 2,396 FPS. Muzzle Energy: 1,568 ft.-lbs., even though they both have the same powder load, (same grain anyway). Odd.

edit: I see this has already been covered.. oh well.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I finally stockpiled about 2,500 rounds of 7.62x39: 500 silver Bear 122 JHP (AWESOME STUFF!), 1,000 Brown Bear 122 FMJ (M67 flat base), almost 1,000 Golden Tiger 123 FMJ, and 100 154 JSP Wolf for close up thump.

Now I am stockpiling components to reload, also. I have 500 IMI brass, 2400 powder, primers, dies, and hard wheel weight/linotype alloy. All I need now is the dang LEE 160 grain Spire point .312 mold that is back ordered.

If my dealer still has the silver bear next payday (2 weeks) I will pick up another $180, but no shipping, at least.

I finally stockpiled about 2,500 rounds of 7.62x39: 500 silver Bear 122 JHP (AWESOME STUFF!), 1,000 Brown Bear 122 FMJ (M67 flat base), almost 1,000 Golden Tiger 123 FMJ, and 100 154 JSP Wolf for close up thump.

Now I am stockpiling components to reload, also. I have 500 IMI brass, 2400 powder, primers, dies, and hard wheel weight/linotype alloy. All I need now is the dang LEE 160 grain Spire point .312 mold that is back ordered.

If my dealer still has the silver bear next payday (2 weeks) I will pick up another $180, but no shipping, at least.

Yeah, that's close to what I've currently got. 1k Silver Bear FMJ, 1k Wolf MC JHP, ~200 Wolf black box FMJ, and now 1k Brown Bear FMJ on the way. I'll pick up another 2k or so, (of whatever, 1k more JHP and 1k more FMJ would be ideal), if they're available when I've got the disposable income.

I don't have any of the reloading supplies though.. and the way things are going, (did y'all see the new DHS report on "right-wing extremists"? :evil: ), I really need to start stocking up on those as well, cause the news for those of us who value our 2nd Amendment rights is getting worse by the day.