Where is all the 7.62x39 ammo....Help a brother out!

As of now, Sportsman's Guide is sold out of Brown Bear, but they still have some Golden Bear FMJ at a pretty excellent price. On a sidenote, according to their site, the Golden Bear FMJ's specs are: Muzzle velocity: 2,430 F.P.S. Muzzle energy: 1,612 ft.-lbs. While the Brown Bear FMJ's specs are: Muzzle Velocity: 2,396 FPS. Muzzle Energy: 1,568 ft.-lbs., even though they both have the same powder load, (same grain anyway). Odd.

edit: I see this has already been covered.. oh well.

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered 500 rounds of golden bear. This brings my stock up to about 2500 rounds. :smoke:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, Sportsman's Guide is sold out of Brown Bear, but they still have some Golden Bear FMJ at a pretty excellent price. On a sidenote, according to their site, the Golden Bear FMJ's specs are: Muzzle velocity: 2,430 F.P.S. Muzzle energy: 1,612 ft.-lbs. While the Brown Bear FMJ's specs are: Muzzle Velocity: 2,396 FPS. Muzzle Energy: 1,568 ft.-lbs., even though they both have the same powder load, (same grain anyway). Odd.

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered 500 rounds of golden bear. This brings my stock up to about 2500 rounds. :smoke:

That's not good enough, soldier!! You will not have that smoke until you have earned it! :chris: (fear the pirate!) You must acquire 4k+ rounds total. That's what I'm shooting for anyway. Got about 3,200 currently.

Seriously though, I advise it. Thanks to King Barry's authoritarian ambitions, Russian ammo's goin the way of the dodo, (in the US anyway).

That's not good enough, soldier!! You will not have that smoke until you have earned it! :chris: (fear the pirate!) You must acquire 4k+ rounds total. That's what I'm shooting for anyway. Got about 3,200 currently.

Seriously though, I advise it. Thanks to King Barry's authoritarian ambitions, Russian ammo's goin the way of the dodo, (in the US anyway).

Heh, the sad part is I tend to spend ammo money on those smokes your talking about.... 4k+ will take me about another 6 months to a year.

Thanks to King Barry's authoritarian ambitions, Russian ammo's goin the way of the dodo, (in the US anyway).

Russian ammo isn't going anywhere. People just keep panicking and buying it up...then turn around and wonder why its all gone and why it is more expensive now.

Ammunition To Go has 7.62 back in stock. Prices, ouch.

500rds - 7.62x39 Silver Bear 123gr. Hollow Point Ammo

[a762hpn] $209.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...products_id/813

500rds - 7.62 x 39 Golden Bear 123gr Hollow Point Ammo

[ag762hp] $219.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...roducts_id/2813

500rds - 7.62x39 Silver Bear 123gr. FMJ Ammo

[a762nfmj] $199.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...products_id/555

1000rds - 7.62x39 Egyptian Military 122gr. FMJ Ammo

[Egyptian76239] $449.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...roducts_id/2960

Ammunition To Go has 7.62 back in stock. Prices, ouch.

500rds - 7.62x39 Silver Bear 123gr. Hollow Point Ammo

[a762hpn] $209.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...products_id/813

500rds - 7.62 x 39 Golden Bear 123gr Hollow Point Ammo

[ag762hp] $219.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...roducts_id/2813

500rds - 7.62x39 Silver Bear 123gr. FMJ Ammo

[a762nfmj] $199.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...products_id/555

1000rds - 7.62x39 Egyptian Military 122gr. FMJ Ammo

[Egyptian76239] $449.95

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/pro...roducts_id/2960

Don't like paying prices? THEN DON'T BUY IT. Simple as that.

I hope you're right, but I doubt it.

Well could you enlighten us on where its going and when this is going to happen?

Check this out the lastest "Cheaper Than Dirt" PRICE.................

7.62x39 Wolf Military Classic HP 124gr 1,000-Rd Case 1000 Round Case Laquer Coated Steel Cased Non Corrosive

18 Customer Reviews Our Low Price: $499.97

:killer:

Forgive me for commenting on the price. Didn't say not to buy it but it's gone up since their last stock of the exact same items. I would jump all over it if I didn't already have plenty on the way.

I wouldn't buy it all. When you buy it at that price you legitimize that price and convince the seller to keep it that high. These high prices are the result of a bubble not a real market price. Once the bubble eventually bursts, prices will readjust to their true market value.

I know but how long for this bubble :) Ammo was easier to get six months ago, but it was still selling out left and right. I figured the "post election" boom would of subsided by now. But it just seems to be getting harder and harder to get. There are a ridiculous amount of gun owners out there, and are buying the ammo for any number of reasons. Seems like as soon as it starts to quiet down, the AG, or Homeland does or says something retarded. It's a pretty solid trend and sounds too much like the early 90s.

I just think 6 months you'd think we'd be seeing some improvement not things getting worse. They can't make the stuff fast enough. I don't see people slowing down their stockpiling anytime soon.

I'd say either 6-8 months more of this. Once people get enough then start to calm down a bit. I think a lot of it is due to the states that have the Ammunition Accountability Acts in their state legislatures. These people fear, and rightly so, that these bills might pass. They're stockpiling as much as possible.

The local gunshop is selling Wolf, Silver Bear and Golden bear, $188/500 That's better than the online extortion prices with no shipping to boot!

Sounds like your local shop is the one thats price gouging!

I paid about $125 plus $10 shipping for 500 rds of Wolf a week or two ago from Midway.

I think that beats $188 + local taxes anyday! ;)

The local gunshop is selling Wolf, Silver Bear and Golden bear, $188/500 That's better than the online extortion prices with no shipping to boot!

Sounds like your local shop is the one thats price gouging!

I paid about $125 plus $10 shipping for 500 rds of Wolf a week or two ago from Midway.

I think that beats $188 + local taxes anyday! ;)

What you paid is the exception rather than the rule. Look how often a member posts a "deal" like that and by the time we check they are out of stock. For example, Midway is already out of stock..I just checked.

There seem to only be a few online shops that are making an effort to keep prices low. Midway, Widener's, and Sportsman's Guide still sell 7.62x39 for ~$0.25 per round when they have it in stock. Needless to say, they sell out fast.

The shit that "Cheaper than Dirt" is pulling has convinced me to never order anything from them again. My experience really has been nothing but negative with that shop anyway. I actually called them once to check on an order. Got one seriously rude bitch on the other end of the line. Their recent ridiculous price gouging is just the last straw. $0.50 per round? Ya gotta be shittin me! Unfortunately, they're serious. Fuck em. Fuck em in the ear!

There seem to only be a few online shops that are making an effort to keep prices low. Midway, Widener's, and Sportsman's Guide still sell 7.62x39 for ~$0.25 per round when they have it in stock. Needless to say, they sell out fast.

The shit that "Cheaper than Dirt" is pulling has convinced me to never order anything from them again. My experience really has been nothing but negative with that shop anyway. I actually called them once to check on an order. Got one seriously rude bitch on the other end of the line. Their recent ridiculous price gouging is just the last straw. $0.50 per round? Ya gotta be shittin me! Unfortunately, they're serious. Fuck em. Fuck em in the ear!

+1. SG sucks!

I paid $300/1,000 for Brown bear from GB a couple months ago, and was happy to get it! The Golden tiger until the last shipment was $6 a box or 150/500. This last shipment went up, to $188/500 but it is Silver Bear JHP, which is harder to find even when times are good. It is the best Russian ammo I have shot in 223 in the AR I had and the 223 Saiga, and also in the WASR I had before the 7.62x39 Siaga.

He has gone through about 50,000 rounds in the last couple weeks.

What you paid is the exception rather than the rule. Look how often a member posts a "deal" like that and by the time we check they are out of stock. For example, Midway is already out of stock..I just checked.

yeah that midway was a pretty good deal. you just gotta keep an eye out. check out jg sales, aim, midway, sg, classic arms. i've seen ammo at every one of those places in the last month. its just that when they do get it, it goes quick. i browse around those places every other day and have had no trouble finding ammo. average price has been about $150/500rds.

A little tip.

If you want to buy Brown/Silver/Golden Bear from SG, just keep watching their website until it appears.

When it appears on the site, it may be indicated that it is not expected until August - November, whatever.

Just go ahead and order it. It will probably be delivered within a couple weeks.

Twice I ordered Golden Bear, that stated it was not to be delivered until November. Then I received it the same month.

For instance, I ordered 500 rnds Golden bear on Apr 10, expected delivery was stated as Nov 6. I received the ammo today Apr 16.

If you want it, keep checking, when you see it, order it. You'll get it!

Hope this is of some help. They also have $10 coupons that can be applied, they keep sending them to me. With the member discount and the coupon, the price /500 is very reasonable.

Also, I like the Golden Bear, never had a problem with it. Seems very consistent.

yeah, the best deals I have gotten on ammo have been through SG, you just have to keep checkin. It doesn't hurt to call them and talk with a CS rep...The last great deal I got wasn't even listed, but caught it at the right time while talking with them.

Got an email this morning from Cabelas about the two back order Wolf 7.62 tins I ordered on 04-07. Arrival to Cabelas expected on 05-15.

Same/similar here. Cabelas said 1000 rounds Wolf 122Gr. HP (black box) expected arrival at Cabelas on 5/1. 1000 rounds Wolf 122Gr. FMJ expected arrival 6/15.

Cabelas has been pretty straight-up in all of this and the plastic dry box they throw in is actually useful.

I've noticed Midway has jacked up prices some. They're about even with Cabelas now; but no dry box.

A little tip.

If you want to buy Brown/Silver/Golden Bear from SG, just keep watching their website until it appears.

When it appears on the site, it may be indicated that it is not expected until August - November, whatever.

Just go ahead and order it. It will probably be delivered within a couple weeks.

Twice I ordered Golden Bear, that stated it was not to be delivered until November. Then I received it the same month.

For instance, I ordered 500 rnds Golden bear on Apr 10, expected delivery was stated as Nov 6. I received the ammo today Apr 16.

Hope this is of some help. They also have $10 coupons that can be applied, they keep sending them to me. With the member discount and the coupon, the price /500 is very reasonable.

Also, I like the Golden Bear, never had a problem with it. Seems very consistent.

This is definitely true that with Sportsmansguide timing is everything.

When I saw that Sportsmansguide had Brown Bear at 500 rds. for $137. last week I ordered 500 rounds. I would have ordered more but I thought there would be 2-3 month delays.

TWO DAYS LATER it was delivered to my door.

I couldn't believe it.

louielouie

A little tip.

When I saw that Sportsmansguide had Brown Bear at 500 rds. for $137. last week I ordered 500 rounds. I would have ordered more but I thought there would be 2-3 month delays.

I couldn't believe it.

louielouie

Yep, I've been very impressed by Sportsman's Guide. I found my share of that Brown Bear waitin for me on the doorstep 2 days ago. Ordered on the 14th, delivered on the 20th. SG is definitely my favorite online ammo dealer at this point. Great prices, damn fast shipping.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

They still have Brown Bear @ $134 (BC) prices. Course, it's not going to be here til August supposedly, but thats not the most horrible price I've seen.

Especially when you consider that by the time August comes around, it's going to cost even more.

A little tip.

I couldn't believe it.

louielouie

Yep, I've been very impressed by Sportsman's Guide. I found my share of that Brown Bear waitin for me on the doorstep 2 days ago. Ordered on the 14th, delivered on the 20th. SG is definitely my favorite online ammo dealer at this point. Great prices, damn fast shipping.