308 M-100 8 round mags

For those M-100 owners,

After working on and off for about 2 weeks in my spare time I believe I have successfully converted a Saiga 8 Round Mag to fit and 308 M100. I have taken this to the range and shoot 60 rounds without incident.

Since the shape of the mags are the same, there was no conversion for the shape. The challange was to reverse the 8 round mag to work properly in the propriatary arrangement that was provided with the M-100 model. RAAC has stated that there will be replacement mags but factory 3 rounds only, so I decided to work on this project myself. Total project time not including 12 hour epoxy drying time. 1.5 hours.

I have attached some photos of the mag, so if anybody is interested in doing this they can use the photos as a guide. I modified the clip side using a piece of stock aluminum and pop riveted it to the plastic mag. I then covered in marine epoxy. As you can see my dremel came in handy as I had to hack saw and dremel the both the retainer and the clip. I also used marine apoxy to cover the inside of the mag for a smooth operation.

After some grinding and sanding on the inside of the mag the mag feeder worked perfectly. I used a pair of vise grips to flatten the poprivet inside the mag then coated the inside with epoxy for a smooth stroke.

Next will be the conversion of the 20 round surefire saiga to the fit the 308 M-100.

post-15697-1235916228_thumb.jpg

post-15697-1235916245_thumb.jpg

post-15697-1235916260_thumb.jpg

Edited by operator

Great!!!! I have been trying to make a mag for them for a while and was to scared to try and mod a $40 mag. I was scared I would mess it up. I would be interested in purchasing a few from you if you would be willing to sell a few. If not thats cool I will try to mod one the same.

Great!!!! I have been trying to make a mag for them for a while and was to scared to try and mod a $40 mag. I was scared I would mess it up. I would be interested in purchasing a few from you if you would be willing to sell a few. If not thats cool I will try to mod one the same.

Once I come up with an easier way to attach the lock in end, I may try to product more. Right now it is primative but works. I am trying to figure out a way to attach the lock in end without having to drill through the mag and pop rivet and epoxy for a smooth feed. I will keep all updated.

• 3 weeks later...