i just picked up 1000 rounds of Barnaul softpoint for $250 from a private individual. He had posted it for sale on a local gunowners forum site. Turns out he lived 40 miles from me and met me halfway. great deal. do a google search for a gunowners site/forum for your local area.

If you don't mind FMJ and Brass reloadable, but just a bit more than I like to pay for anything per rd. (might have to change my expectations though - I've always tried to stay less than $.30/rd. including shipping):

Ammoman.com has only this in 7.62x39 ($299 for 500 rds. w/ Free shipping)

But their site says more selections Comming Sonn ??

I feel sorry for those who didn't see this shortage coming.... :cryss:

Man I feel sorry I did not get into guns earlier. Been meaning to for years but the funds were never there. Now that I got the funds seems like I cant find ammo for nothing! I got some off of gun broker but it was very old stuff with a 2% fail rate. Like 24 cents a round shipped.

I am from the Reading, PA area. There are a few gun shows coming up and I am hoping for some half decent prices.

Does anyone know anything about the Wolf Military Classic? How corrosive is it?

Bigsal.... good advice!! I just dont want to miss something.

bigsal,Do you have contact info or website for these people? Looked on the net but couldn't find them

Thanks Mike

I am from the Reading, PA area. There are a few gun shows coming up and I am hoping for some half decent prices.

Does anyone know anything about the Wolf Military Classic? How corrosive is it?

Wolf Military Classic isn't corrosive. Its better than the black box wolf for accuracy.

Classic Arms is SOLD OUT on x39 - still have some .223 HP Wolf left - $150/500 & $180/1000 if you need some of that.

SG shows No Brown Bear, buts still has FMJ Yugo for $105/420 rds. in a sealed zinc lined wooden case - wouldn't be a bad idea to have that stashed away i suppose. SG 7062x39 ammo

Edited by BullShark012

Pennsylvania, check out Boyers Hardware in Slatington. Little bit of a drive for you, but shouldn't be too bad. They almost always have 7.62 on hand. Call in advance for availability and price. I just received my back order from Sportsmans Guide so maybe they have it back on their website. It's been back ordered since before Christmas. Good Luck!

OK, look classicarms sold out...yes, but there is no need to panic, Cabellas has it right now for $139 per 500. EDIT: They had the wolf fmj earlier now its backordered

Aim surplus should have some soon, and so should Copes. You guys are too much, No need to panic!@!!

Edited by bigsal

You guys need to quit screwing around and just buy reloadable stuff.Get some dies,a single stage press and as much powder,primers and bullets as you can afford because this milsurp stuff will definitely dry up in the next couple of years.