I have joined the club . . .

So, here's the story: Last November my g/f and I took our CCW class. Talking to one of the instructors about getting a shotgun for HD. Before I finished asking what he would reccomend, remy or mossy, he says "Get a Saiga!" WTH is a Saiga? I ask. He takes me outside and shows me his. WOW!! So, I go home, do some research, find a local dealer, and the next weekend I go looking. Honestly, at 800 bucks a copy, I was more than a little put off by it.

Then comes this past weekend. GUN SHOW!! So, me and the g/f load up, stand in line for 20 minutes (it was 26 degrees with a 20 mph wind!) get inside and start the hunt. Not for a Saiga, mind you. There we are, walking the aisles, drooling all over the place, when we see it! Saiga 12's, with a 10 rd mag for 599! Ok, back off, dont want to make this an impulse buy. Finished walking the aisles, got me a Sig 226, Sig Mosquito, a knife (Ka-Bar for B.O.B., new folder for everyday) a couple of AR-15 Mags (5 P-Mags for 110). My backpack is full, my Mini-30 is sold, time to walk back by the Saiga's.

So I stand there, drooling mind you, when the g/f walks up and says "wanna go halfsies on it?" Pick jaw up off ground, mentally calculate how much of my tax return is left and blurt to the salesman "I'll take one!!". They were out of the 10 rounders, but gave me a deal on a 12 round mag with the Saiga. Fill out the paperwork, wait, wait, wait (they were really busy and only 1 person making the call to the Sheriffs dept). In the meantime, this place runs out of the 12's.

Money's gone, backs hurting (I've got 3 pistols, 3 knives, P-mags and g/f purse in my backpack) and I'm trying to get to the door. On the way, 3 people stop me and ask if I wanted to sell my Saiga!!!! Jokingly, I tell one guy for a grand its his. He starts reaching for his wallet!!! Finally, I get out of there, back to the car, and on the way home (after stopping at the range to put rounds thru the Sigs).

So, here I am, the newest entrant to the World of Saiga and loving it! Now, if I could just win the lottery so I could modify my Saiga . . . :devil:

So, here I am, the newest entrant to the World of Saiga and loving it! Now, if I could just win the lottery so I could modify my Saiga . . . :devil:

Welcome! I'd say you got a good deal by today's standards!

But with my personal experience, these things are so hungry, I'm having more trouble feeding mine than dressing them. You know, it's hard to stop shootin' unless you're out of ammo! :D

hey, leterrip - load that sucker with some 3" buckshot and LETERRIP.

welcome aboard! This shotgun is going to change your mind.....or try to REAL hard, at the least....

Congrats! Nice girlfriend and a very nice part of the country where you are at.

I got my S-12 for $1000. I didn't hesitate when I saw it. Just happy to have it available behind the Kalifornia curtain. Had to wait 10days for it, unlike your instant gratification experience. You are lucky in many ways.