thoughts on 20 round Metal saiga .308 mags

Great job!!!...when all other (companies) fail to deliver?

DO IT YOURSELF.

Pls make 15-rounders for NJ. I think incremental 5-10-15-20-25-30...etc rounds may be a good thing.

To me a bolt hold open is not really neccesary, to me....

Thanks!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WW1 and WW2 could be justified for US involvement, unlike the current Iraq "conflict".

[zen] Information! [/zen]   I bought a battlepack of .308 today, mostly to demonstrate to a gun-ignorant friend exactly what a (strip)clip is.   In doing so, I've decided that it would be quite c

Damn good idea if you ask me. There are tons of 10 round strip clips out there. They save tons of time at the range actually. And they are legal to transport in the car "loaded" in my nazi state, s

Posted Images

Got to have a few of these! I have been holding off on the surefires, and now I know why. Unlike some other folks I have only had one issue with the SFs. I had to shave the catch lug a bit to make them fit, but otherwise they have been fine. However metal is almost always better, so I can't wait to hear when these are available.

[zen] Information! [/zen]

I bought a battlepack of .308 today, mostly to demonstrate to a gun-ignorant friend exactly what a (strip)clip is.

In doing so, I've decided that it would be quite cool if there was a notch in the mag so you could load it directly from the 5 round strip clips floating around out there. (Heck, I might even reuse my strippers) This would be a value-added feature to the mags, that might be trivial to do in the manufacturing process. And since I should be pretty high up on your list of beta testers. . . . thoughts?

• Like 1
[zen] Information! [/zen]

I bought a battlepack of .308 today, mostly to demonstrate to a gun-ignorant friend exactly what a (strip)clip is.

In doing so, I've decided that it would be quite cool if there was a notch in the mag so you could load it directly from the 5 round strip clips floating around out there. (Heck, I might even reuse my strippers) This would be a value-added feature to the mags, that might be trivial to do in the manufacturing process. And since I should be pretty high up on your list of beta testers. . . . thoughts?

Damn good idea if you ask me.

There are tons of 10 round strip clips out there. They save tons of time at the range actually. And they are legal to transport in the car "loaded" in my nazi state, so another huge plus.

• Like 1

I was finally able to get out to the range Tuesday and put 100 rounds through the metal magazine without a hitch.

I then tried some extra long 308 that I have for a bolt gun and the mag would work with 15 or less, I am not bitching because these rounds wouldn't even fit in a Surefire magazine.

I have to give it a thumbs up.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have enough to cover the people who said that they wanted to get a few (well if not I should have more soon). And probably a good number left over still.

Current run was a learning experience on how many things can go wrong at once. Had all kinds of stuff break, bearing in this, blades in that.

Tried a new product for the finishing, and while it did color the metal and should help prevent rust, it also is somewhat shadowed in places. The price is better on that product and the application is basic, so I can keep from adding about 15.00 on the price of each magazine.

I am doing the 20 round "full" peep hole. I have found it to be a useful feature and not terribly challenging to do. The LRBHO is not something I'm doing right now, I can really feel when the bolt drops on an empty chamber, seems to be more pronounced then with the stock magazines.

I have thought about doing a striper clip guide, but it was in the form of a separate tool that would slip over the feed lips.

Price for now has settled at 45.00 each

Just so you know what goes into making a magazine, there are:

20 bends

43 welds

27 Shears

30 saw cuts

4 Grinds

So thats what 36 cents an operation. :eek:

Oh just a little note.. The magazines can hold a maximum of 21 rounds. So if there is a state that has a cut off of 20 its a no go.

OK one other note.. I try to do emails on my lunch break so the PM throttling is driving me buggy, please PM me a email address you check every so often. That way I can send a few in one sitting.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by csspecs

Yes, 10s are pretty easy to do. They will be after this next run gets done (week or so).

5s 10s 15s in the next batch

Edit:

Wanted to make this a little clearer.

Pricing is 45.00 a magazine shipping is 5.00 for the first one and 8.00 for any number more.

Edited by csspecs

Just got my new METAL MAGS today! I got to say, +1 for ccspecs! Super fast shipping and the mags are AWESOME! Sturdy construction, fits nice and tight in my Saiga and hand feeds flawlessly. The true test will be whenever I can make it to the range but my first impressions of these mags are good. Nice packaging and I can tell ccspecs put a lot of work into these. These might be my new favorite mags for my .308....time will tell.

Just got my new METAL MAGS today! I got to say, +1 for ccspecs! Super fast shipping and the mags are AWESOME! Sturdy construction, fits nice and tight in my Saiga and hand feeds flawlessly. The true test will be whenever I can make it to the range but my first impressions of these mags are good. Nice packaging and I can tell ccspecs put a lot of work into these. These might be my new favorite mags for my .308....time will tell.

+1

The pictures do not do these justice.

I've only had the chance to run twenty rounds through each (at the range), but I've run hundreds of dummy rounds through manually. Function is 100%!

Thanks!!!

It's on my to-do list. I have to track down one of each of the Saiga-100's a .308 and a .30-06.

I really want to make a .30-06 conversion with a 10 or 20 round magazine. I really think that would be cool, a lot of work for sure but cool anyway.