thoughts on 20 round Metal saiga .308 mags

We've been planning on making a set of longer followers that will stop the mags at 20. I like the slack space for seating the mag but I understand the need for one that only holds 20. We will adjust the note on the page to say "if you require an exact 20 round mag email us" when we have them ready.

The price went to 50 from 45 due in a large part to more smoothing work, and because the new run have more welds around 70-74 on the 20s.

We have the kits to make the factory mag a ten while getting 2 US parts, in production now. Should be ready to ship early next week. They will be stamped "Made in USA" just like the new mags.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WW1 and WW2 could be justified for US involvement, unlike the current Iraq "conflict".

[zen] Information! [/zen]   I bought a battlepack of .308 today, mostly to demonstrate to a gun-ignorant friend exactly what a (strip)clip is.   In doing so, I've decided that it would be quite c

Damn good idea if you ask me. There are tons of 10 round strip clips out there. They save tons of time at the range actually. And they are legal to transport in the car "loaded" in my nazi state, s

Posted Images

I'm welding them together tomorrow actually, they got pushed back due to demand for the 20s being kinda high. We have been having delays from our suppliers as well, which has been slowing our production down a little.

They will be ready fairly soon, at the same time we will have 5s and the exact 20 round mags that I've been promising for some time now.

Sorry for the delay, I know its been like a month longer then I originally stated. They are being made now.

I'm welding them together tomorrow actually, they got pushed back due to demand for the 20s being kinda high. We have been having delays from our suppliers as well, which has been slowing our production down a little.

They will be ready fairly soon, at the same time we will have 5s and the exact 20 round mags that I've been promising for some time now.

Sorry for the delay, I know its been like a month longer then I originally stated. They are being made now.

Thanks just let us know when they are ready

Little update

I have the bodies for the fives and fifteens done other then final clean up, we are still making a few little parts and I'm trying to get a few other prototypes finished to go for black oxide Wednesday. I'll likely have them back middle of next week.

We have a new floor plate retainer design on the 5s and 15s. It is to prevent the follower from binding on the spring, it makes locking in a full mag smoother.

One of the prototypes is a limiter that will go with our 10 round mags, it will limit them to 5 rounds for hunting use (for states with such laws). So you would be able to switch from 10 to 5 rounds and back again by swapping out one part.

EDIT:

Correct they will show up on the website when ready. They are ready to be black oxide finished right now, so its just how long they will take.

Will you continue making the regular 20 round magazines (that can hold 22 rounds)? It's nice to have the option for the extra couple rounds, and like you said, it's also good to have some slack when seating a magazine with a 20 round load. :)

I probably won't make any more of the 22s just because its annoying to keep all the different parts. But I have a pretty good stock of them right now.

I have all the plans saved, so in the event it was something everyone wanted, it would not be a problem to make them again. The new ones will have plenty of slack, but instead of bottoming out on the floor plate they will stop at an exact spot.

Thanks you still taking orders over the web site so I assume it will be updated also, just like to have a couple of these.

fives and fifteens came back from the black oxide shop today. Website has been updated.

Also have the correct 20s and 10/20s ready.

I dropped the price down a little on the rebuild kits. Came up with a few ways to save money making and shipping them, so I'm reflecting the savings.

• 1 year later...

Wondering how the springs are holding up after heavy use, I'm sure the tough steel magazine can take just about anything. :) Any plans for maybe a 25 rounder to match the surefire? Would be nice to have the extra ammo, and it wouldn't affect the size that much, and on certain training courses of fire it would mean not having to reload in the middle. :)

Wondering how the springs are holding up after heavy use, I'm sure the tough steel magazine can take just about anything. :) Any plans for maybe a 25 rounder to match the surefire? Would be nice to have the extra ammo, and it wouldn't affect the size that much, and on certain training courses of fire it would mean not having to reload in the middle. :)

I have spare springs available, however in testing neither leaving loaded for a year, or cycling more then 2000 times caused a measurable amount of change.

We may make a 25 or 30 round at some point, just not yet.

We have the kits to make the factory mag a ten while getting 2 US parts, in production now. Should be ready to ship early next week. They will be stamped "Made in USA" just like the new mags.

Are these still available ?

I purchased a couple of the twenty round 308 magazines from you several weeks ago. I like the magazines so much better than the 25 round Surefires I had I went ahead and sold the Surefires on Gunbroker.com. I had planned to buy some more magazines from you but I remember hearing mention that you are coming out with a stamped version for the Saiga 308. Could you advise of a time line when the stamped 308 magazines will be available for purchase?

Stamped will be about 60-90 days out. I have a non-firearm project that is taking 40+ days of shop time.

We are gearing everything around making stamped only in the future. So hopefully everyone likes them.

What will these new .308 mags look like compared to the mags you've been making for a while now? Possible to post photos of both side by side? GARY N4KVE
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...