Is anyone working on a 20rd or 30rd drum that can shoot 3in magnum shells?

No, all of the designs I am aware of depend on the Saiga to actually fire the rounds...

HTH!

I think Chaos is working on a 10 rd drum, but I don't know if it'll hold 3" shells or not. The Wrathmaker by Alliance Armament could take 3" shells if I'm not mistaken. They used to be a business member here, but not anymore I guess.

Corbin

Alliance's initial announcement was for 3" drums. I called them to find out if they'd handle 2 3/4 ers, and the answer was no, so I told them I thought it was a strategic mistake. I guess others did two as they switched to the 2 3/4 version. I think it's because of the open design. Maybe Mike will get to a model that will handle both sizes?

On the flipside, I think the WM could easily be altered to a wider design. it's modular so just a subset of pieces need to be changed out. But I think it's pressed together so it wouldn't be a DIY job ... for most.

The maxrounds guys have both out. Their drum is similar to the WM. but there are many parts with at least a differing appearance. Looks like a copy job, but might be that they are collaborating?

Who knows. I have no need for 20 rounds of 3" stuff. Just couldn't afford to feed that very often!

Alliance's initial announcement was for 3" drums. I called them to find out if they'd handle 2 3/4 ers, and the answer was no, so I told them I thought it was a strategic mistake. I guess others did two as they switched to the 2 3/4 version. I think it's because of the open design. Maybe Mike will get to a model that will handle both sizes?

On the flipside, I think the WM could easily be altered to a wider design. it's modular so just a subset of pieces need to be changed out. But I think it's pressed together so it wouldn't be a DIY job ... for most.

The maxrounds guys have both out. Their drum is similar to the WM. but there are many parts with at least a differing appearance. Looks like a copy job, but might be that they are collaborating?

Who knows. I have no need for 20 rounds of 3" stuff. Just couldn't afford to feed that very often!

I have a strong need for a 3in 20rd drum. A 30rd drum would be even better.

• 3 months later...

There are not collaborating. Maxrounds is inspired by WM. There are many differences.

There are not collaborating. Maxrounds is inspired by WM. There are many differences.

Why on Earth would anyone be inspired by the WM drum? I realize Maxrounds sells their product mostly in Europe, and perhaps the people there aren't as aware of, uh, the quality of WM's product.

Hopefully they also have this product across the pond.

turdpolish.png