I picked up a Saiga in 308 last week and finally got around to ordering a tapco T6 for it as well as a couple of the 20 round surfires for it as well..... damn the factory stock is fun to remove...... any way just wanted to start this so I can post pics once I get the stock installed...... any advice for the stock removal ?

I picked up a Saiga in 308 last week and finally got around to ordering a tapco T6 for it as well as a couple of the 20 round surfires for it as well..... damn the factory stock is fun to remove...... any way just wanted to start this so I can post pics once I get the stock installed...... any advice for the stock removal ?

Make sure you take out all three screws. There is one in the stock under the receiver cover.

As with anything made in Russia, there is a lot of pushing and shoving involved

I received the stock and mags today @ 3...install took 15 min.... big improvement....now I realize how F'ing long this thing is....... I'll get pics up at some point....... FYI I order the stock and 2 20 round mags from Mississippi Auto Arms on Tuesday night and received them Friday great transaction.... https://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...;zenid=b5642369

As with anything made in Russia, there is a lot of pushing and shoving involved

Not true. Vodka.

Here she is with the Tapco installed with a surefire 20 round mag.... I put 70ish rounds thru her today... the ammo came from a friend who had loaded it for some 1000 yard shots...damn my shoulder can tell... I wasn't looking for accuracy just function today.... I have some swinging targets for my 22 that didn't like 168 grains at 2800 ish FT per sec too much :unsure:

post-16333-1236467782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Reynolds
Here she is with the Tapco installed with a surefire 20 round mag.... I put 70ish rounds thru her today... the ammo came from a friend who had loaded it for some 1000 yard shots...damn my shoulder can tell... I wasn't looking for accuracy just function today.... I have some swinging targets for my 22 that didn't like 168 grains at 2800 ish FT per sec too much :unsure:

Did you have any problems with the trigger angle when firing?

Yep it SUX'S big time...a drop in AK is on the short list

I hear you! I put an Ace fixed stock and SAW hand grip on mine at the suggestion of a friend. :eek: After about 30 rds, I was done firing. It's going to wear the factory stock for a while yet. :super: At least until ALL my conversion parts get in :lol:

Edited by 731rogers1962