I took a 12 ga round in the face!

Did I scare ya?

I actually DO take a 12 ga round to the face........ :P .............but.........it's not how it sounds. Well, you can see for yourself.

I thought you might enjoy seeing me look silly.

Corbin

Hey, at least it wasn't hot brass!

I still remember the day I learned why a baseball cap or similar is just as mandatory as eye and ear protection. Having a hot shell wedged in between your glasses and your face is not pleasant. Although no doubt amusing for everyone around you.

Hey, at least it wasn't hot brass!

I still remember the day I learned why a baseball cap or similar is just as mandatory as eye and ear protection. Having a hot shell wedged in between your glasses and your face is not pleasant. Although no doubt amusing for everyone around you.

I learned the exact same cap lesson the first time I shot my .50 desert e I was used to brass ejecting sideways not straight back and I had a new tat in the middle of my forehead for two weeks said SPEER 50 AE in a perfect bloody circle primer and all. good fun

I had a similar incident when I was in the Army. The guy next to me was shooting a SAW, which for those of you that aren't familiar, is a belt fed 5.56 mm light machine gun (same round the M-16 takes). Those casing are HOT.

Well, one of them happened to land in my back waitband and sat there for a couple seconds. It burned a nice blister onto me, which I still have a slight discoloration "scar" from.

I always try to wear eye and ear protection when shooting. It just makes sense.

Corbin

Did I scare ya?

I actually DO take a 12 ga round to the face........ :P .............but.........it's not how it sounds. Well, you can see for yourself.

I thought you might enjoy seeing me look silly.

Corbin

Great video! I had this preconcieved notion that you were black. This is probably due to your aviator.

You got a pic for that too!!!

Very true.

The one time I DON'T have adequate eye protection and a few pellets ricocheted from a steel plate and pelt me in the eye and temple.....

eyelidpic2.jpg

I was extremely lucky though. The plate was about 20 or so yards away and they were very light loads, so they hit me with far less power than a BB gun. Still hurt like hell. That was from a SASS (cowboy action shooting) practice. I'm a life member.

Corbin

P.S. Yeah, I know.....full load to the face! I took a load to the eye! etc etc. LOL

P.P.S. Patriot, Nope, I'm not black. Spanish and Apache actually. That's Obama driving bumper cars with his little girl. I just thought it was a funny pic, so I added the caption.

barackobama.jpg

Edited by Corbin

You got a pic for that too!!!

Very true.

The one time I DON'T have adequate eye protection and a few pellets ricocheted from a steel plate and pelt me in the eye and temple.....

eyelidpic2.jpg

I was extremely lucky though. The plate was about 20 or so yards away and they were very light loads, so they hit me with far less power than a BB gun. Still hurt like hell. That was from a SASS (cowboy action shooting) practice. I'm a life member.

Corbin

P.S. Yeah, I know.....full load to the face! I took a load to the eye! etc etc. LOL

P.P.S. Patriot, Nope, I'm not black. Spanish and Apache actually. That's Obama driving bumper cars with his little girl. I just thought it was a funny pic, so I added the caption.

barackobama.jpg

That was pretty ignorant of me. Using the same logic I would be a talking Iron Cross. Back to the purpose of the thread, I will definatly be sure to wear eye protection for now on!!

Don't sweat it. If I WERE President, I'd like to think I would make it so: anything Class 3 would be legal in EVERY State, we would have Nationwide right to carry without needing a special permit, there would be no AWB anywhere, if someone used a firearm to commit a violent crime, they either go away for a long time and get ass-plowed by a large man named "Bubba" or they die. Same for rapists and child molesters.

I'm way too "right wing" to ever get elected to anything though. :rolleyes:

Corbin

That was pretty ignorant of me. Using the same logic I would be a talking Iron Cross.
Man Corbin.. you are a walking, talking, injury. If it's not a shotgun blast, it's a shell to the face or a pellet in the eye or a dental tool through the hand. One tough sonofabitch though, I never hear you whine!

That shell to the face didn't even touch skin. It just hit my glasses. If it had hit my eye, I would have screamed like a little bitch and pissed myself. :cry:

Just kidding. I hate whiners, so I'll never BE one.

You should see the entire list of my more serious injuries I've had. I don't really count the pick in the hand or the pellet in the eye. Those sucked, but neither required staying overnight at the hospital, so they don't count. LOL

Here's the main ones that happened throughout my life....

*Seven car accidents, 5 that needed major surgeries.

*Shotgun to the right palm

*industrial stripping solution/acid in R. eye

*Mauled by a fu*#ing dog when I was a kid, trick or treating

*compound fracture to tibula and fibula of left leg

*broken left femur and left hip broken in 2 places (that sucked bad)

*3 ribs separated from sternum and sternum cracked

*lateral ligament torn on right knee

*Right lung deflated

*Closed head injury that causes seizures, partial blindness in L. eye and trouble eating/swallowing

*hit by snow plow as a kid and broke my arm & got concusion (digging snow tunnels in ditch)

*stabbed in lower abdomen, but not too badly. Only went in a couple inches.

*pistol round grazed left shoulder (not too bad, but it sounds worse than it was)

I think that's it. Some of those, like the left leg, thigh and left hip all happened at the same time. The lung happened the same time as the shotgun to the hand and the ribs/sternum happened in one of the car wrecks that also tore the ligament in my knee and caused the closed head injury. So a few of those things were combined. I DIDN'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE I'VE BEEN HURT A LOT. :rolleyes:

Corbin

Great video! I had this preconcieved notion that you were black. This is probably due to your aviator.

You thought he was black, merely because of who flies his planes? :haha:

I keeed, I keeed.

When I read posts by Juggernaut, I actually imagine the Juggernaut in the picture doing the talking.

When I read posts by Juggernaut, I actually imagine the Juggernaut in the picture doing the talking.

Sorry about that.. I'll take my helmet off...

ML06JuggernautUnmasked.jpg

That video is priceless!! I keep watching it like a re-run of Bill Dance bloopers....First, remind me never to hunt or fish around you, your an accident on 2 legs, 4 wheels or anywhere close to anyone else. HAHA....I could swear though, your exact words after getting nailed was "Son ofa Bitch" Which to me makes it even funnier!

Actually, I said "That was good". :rolleyes: I might have been thinking "AAAAAAAAAH! MY EYE! JESUS ON A POGO STICK! MY FRIKKIN' EYE! OW! OW! OW! MOMMY!" Or something similar. LOL JK

I'm actually pretty safe on the range though. As much as I've shot in my life, I've never shot myself or anyone else I wasn't intending to shoot. I've seen some pretty bad muzzle discipline in my life though. Oui!

Corbin

That video is priceless!! I keep watching it like a re-run of Bill Dance bloopers....First, remind me never to hunt or fish around you, your an accident on 2 legs, 4 wheels or anywhere close to anyone else. HAHA....I could swear though, your exact words after getting nailed was "Son ofa Bitch" Which to me makes it even funnier!