20rd drum from maxrounds

looks like the wraithmaker to me too. I wonder who copied who? :lol:

I like the MD arms drums, lighter, less expensive, more user friendly if repair is needed and an overall better design. IMO

I have only used his first gen drums but never had an issue. MikeD makes a winner.

Similar to a wrathmaker in overall appearance, but very different in the details.

I've got two WM's.

Could be collaboration, I guess, but when I first saw the maxrounds a while back the first thing I thought was "copy cat".

Doubt they were exported, maybe the cnc program was? and then tweaked?

As for importing them, first ... who want's to be the tester. IIRC, the regs on import require the value to be below some amount ($100?) ... so you'd have to get it in parts.

FWIW.

Similar to a wrathmaker in overall appearance, but very different in the details.

I've got two WM's.

Could be collaboration, I guess, but when I first saw the maxrounds a while back the first thing I thought was "copy cat".

Doubt they were exported, maybe the cnc program was? and then tweaked?

As for importing them, first ... who want's to be the tester. IIRC, the regs on import require the value to be below some amount ($100?) ... so you'd have to get it in parts.

FWIW.

That doesn't sound constitutional, but then again not a single gun control law is.

It's $475ish when you convert to US dollars............compared to Mikes drum, what's the point? Mikes is only $260, it's US made, and it's proven.

Another thing that turned me off about these guys (not that I can even own any drum in NY anyway :rolleyes: ) is their marketing. They tried hawking it here for free, against forum policies. Then, on TFL, they acted like some random "Joe Schmo" who was happy with the drum and were trying to get the word out about their drum (while also shitting on Mike and AA..........not that shitting on AA bothers me though :lol: ).

I have one maxrounds.com drum. It weight only aprox 700 grams. The old WM was double heavy as that 1500 grams.

Here is a video how it runs on magwelled Saiga and Molot:

Yeah, it runs great, being that it's the company themselves doing the video. AA has plenty of videos of their doorstop running great.......in their guns.

I'm all for Saiga-specific products, or new gun products at all......but the way they went about getting the word out is shitty, IMO. Also, for the price, I don't see the point. That's just me though. YMMV.

It's $475ish when you convert to US dollars............compared to Mikes drum, what's the point? Mikes is only $260, it's US made, and it's proven.

Another thing that turned me off about these guys (not that I can even own any drum in NY anyway :rolleyes: ) is their marketing. They tried hawking it here for free, against forum policies. Then, on TFL, they acted like some random "Joe Schmo" who was happy with the drum and were trying to get the word out about their drum (while also shitting on Mike and AA..........not that shitting on AA bothers me though :lol: ).

I have one maxrounds.com drum. It weight only aprox 700 grams. The old WM was double heavy as that 1500 grams.

Yeah, it runs great, being that it's the company themselves doing the video. AA has plenty of videos of their doorstop running great.......in their guns.

I'm all for Saiga-specific products, or new gun products at all......but the way they went about getting the word out is shitty, IMO. Also, for the price, I don't see the point. That's just me though. YMMV.

I just want a drum that will take 3in shells.

I just want a drum that will take 3in shells.

I'm sure it's on Mikes to do list. Right after the 20ga drum that made it into initial prototype already.

I have seen other posts here on the similarities between WM and Maxrounds.

They are different in that Alliance Armament's Wraithmaker is a 2 3/4" only.

Maxrounds states that the goods are made in the Czech Republic, and they have them in stock while AA is currently out.

Their source code does mention Alliance Armament in the title and content metatags:

<meta name="keywords" content="saiga 12, molot vepr 12, Magazines, Drum, Accessories, Prarts, Mag, Alliance Armament, MDARMS" />

<meta name="title" content="High Capacity Magazine Powermag700 - Saiga 12, Molot Vepr 12" />

<meta name="description" content="High capacity magazines for Saiga12 and Molot Vepr 12. Accessories, Parts. Alliance Armament." />

I would be interested in hearing feedback from some of our users as to the fit and function if someone was willing to swallow the cost of getting one!

it may be an inferior design, $200 more, made in a foreign county, and not count as 3 U.S. made parts towards the 922r compliance bullshit....

BUT you can clip it to your belt! hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha!

MD-20 FTW:)

Edited by Snoofer
  • 1 month later...

I just had test session on range today and it runs great in my Molot Vepr 12 shotgun. :)

For the people living in Europe that drum is good choice because your state department has stupid rules of exporting gun related articles to Europe.

What a mystery! :unsure:

Why would someone spend the time and money to copy a drum that does not work? :rolleyes:

Mike at MD has stated that he could(and i think he has one he has worked on) fix the wraithmaker. Maybe this company did. Even assuming it does work as advertised you still have a long list of pros and cons that should help you pick one over the other.

If you think to hell with it, import it in parts, pay the price for the product, and assemble it, then good for you. It dosn't strike me as being worth it to pay more for extra hassle.

I can't even get a drum, but i can tell you this, I wouldn't be paying almost double for a product many times over the shipping for a heavier product with its only advantages being the ability to be used with a magwell(that i don't have) and fire 3" rounds(that are far from needed).

Is it worth it to you? go get it.

Edited by Nailbomb
The "Powermag Classic" weighs 2.5 kg? Holy fuck, that's like 6 lbs! I hope that's the loaded weight!

If you noticed that version IS NOT in production anymore.

I had Mikes MD drum (first run) but had to sell it because it won't work with Molot Vepr 12 or Saiga new models with mag well adapter.

If Mike would come with drum version which has longer feed tower I would definately try that also.

I volunteer to be a tester of that drum :)

But I believe he won't design or produce such drum because there is no market for it in USA

BTW that Maxrounds.com is one of the sponsors at IPSC European Shotgun Championships this year. :)

See www.esc09.eu

Aside from the extra weight, I would have nothing against these drums. If they can use 3" AND work with a magwell, that's an advantage over the MD Arms drum. The people making and selling them are probably not RETARDS either....of course I'd also love to have a Molot Vepr 12 but that's not gonna happen either.

The drum from maxrounds.com which I use weights 0,7 kg! That's aprox. 1.5lbs :)

Not over 5 lbs like the first version which was made from steel. ;)

That sounds a lot more reasonable. This is probably a great product for you guys in europe, it meets the needs of the product your being sold with the adaptability to a magwell.

I can't even have a drum, i should get a magwell...

• 1 month later...
Why would you import a product which was exported in the first place?

They look like Wraithmakers and they were either made under license or exported by the goonies to be distributed in Europe.

It isn't AA. :)

It's produced in Czech Republic.

And about price?

Same as US - EU / EU - US. Try to compare prices, same parts:

MidwayUS vs. MidwayDE

Edited by ufo

I just had test session on range today and it runs great in my Molot Vepr 12 shotgun. :)

For the people living in Europe that drum is good choice because your state department has stupid rules of exporting gun related articles to Europe.

Well what did you do to get it running "great"?

Because in this post (click here), you say it is not reliable in your Molot.

It's all about mag? Maybe little fitting required.

Have a look on their web pages. They kicked our asses on Czech National Championship 2009.

Division OPEN? Jams - your match is over... :ded:

OPEN -- Overall Match Results

CNC Tournament 2009 part 1 Shotgun

Printed květen 17, 2009 at 19:31

% Points Competitor Cat Reg Tag

1 100,00 900,5993 143 Vinduska, Vaclav CZE

2 84,23 758,5958 45 Ilin, Vsevolod RUS

3 83,06 748,0121 39 Hos, Ivan SVK

4 82,97 747,1989 22 Duchon, Petr CZE MOD

5 82,57 743,5957 28 Frey, Dirk GER

6 80,96 729,1237 112 Rakusan, Josef CZE

7 79,79 718,5771 95 Nagy, Ernest SVK

8 76,21 686,3561 114 Ravizzini, Paolo ITA

9 74,48 670,7613 66 Koshkin, Ivan RUS

10 74,21 668,3165 106 Polivka, Vladimir S CZE

You can notice the difference between 1st and 2nd in %. It's over 15% and almost 150 match points. :)

100% in points for a match is tough to beat.....the difference in 1st and 2nd kinda suggests some "unfamiliarity" with the course, but thats all fine and good :)

what matters to me, is the AK 12 is #1.....

are you coming to the world event in the USA? I might have to go to that when it gets here......I want to actually watch these guys in the USA that dont believe in this weapons platform eat their words.....