Can 7.62X54r be fired in a Saiga .308?

FrustratedInCali...I was simply trying to be respectful to you but it appeared some comments by other members insulted you. I replied that some members on this forum seem to like zinging and insulting other members. Its true. Some of it is in jest but some isn't. I mentioned no names and quoted no one. Netpackrat must have thought I meant him, which I did not, and quoted me and told me to PM him so he could give me his home address. I took that as an insult and responded in kind. I would like nothing better than to receive and reciprocate respect but this is the second time someone has basically challenged me to come to their house and take care of business if I didn't like what they had to say. Then "Cobra 76 two" who had made absolutely no contributions to this thread pops up with STFU comments and basically went on a rant griping about the very thing he was himself doing...I wonder if he understands the hypocrisy of his actions? I'll continue to be as helpful as I can and be respectful to those respectful to me. But if someone is going to be insulting to me then I'll be insulting to them. How long a person has been a member of this forum or the number of posts they have contributed means absolutely nothing to me if they do not conduct themselves in a gentlemanly manner. I learned a long time ago to stand up to bullies...they love to dish it out but are the first to cry when they are forced to take it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NO!   DO NOT TRY THAT!   Trust me, it says .308, IT MEANS .308! 3mm does indeed make a difference. Plus, the case is thicker overall, so it won't fit in the mags.   You can't fit a .270 Winchest

sweet merciful crap.

I told you I was home...where are you at? Lose your nerve? Look, roll of your mother and be a man...if you want to talk the talk then walk the walk.

Posted Images

there are some combinations of firearm chambers and casings that do work as an alternate casing, however, unless it is reccomended as a viable alternative to a factory chambering, one might only try it while at war. this particular chambering combination 308 chamber to x54R WILL NOT WORK. DONT try it.

please note reference to "while at war".

I am not at liberty now to share some of these DELICATE tidbits of "false chamber" combinations, as I work for a company in the industry now, but I can say that this is not a myth. I DO NOT encourage any experimentation along this logic, as well, unless you KNOW what the fuck you are doing ahead of time.

way too many variables....this isnt shooting long colt down your 410 derringer, or 32 rimmed out of your 38, after all.

DONT DO IT. If you must eat, or defend your home, make the shot good, and watch your face. otherwise -

"while at war" is a good term to remember.....

Blow it out your ass T. It doesn't matter how many posts I have. What matters is, I've been here for 5 yrs and I've helped more people than you will ever know. Lately though, I've seen and heard about enough from assholes who want to play tough guy and start threatening other members of this forum. So if you are going to continue to be one of these assholes, then yes...STFU.

Blow it out your ass T. It doesn't matter how many posts I have. What matters is, I've been here for 5 yrs and I've helped more people than you will ever know. Lately though, I've seen and heard about enough from assholes who want to play tough guy and start threatening other members of this forum. So if you are going to continue to be one of these assholes, then yes...STFU.

Just what I thought...a punk. Pot bellied skinny armed little man. I bet you take it up the ass Bitch!

Been her 5 years...you want a medal or something...perhaps you want someone to call you a hero or something.

If you wish to continue being a punk asshole then you STFU.

You brought this on yourself...you stuck your nose in where it didn't belong and got bitch slapped. I'm perfectly willing to keep this up as long as you like.

A little note to a little man[t165] Go home, your mothers nipples miss you! :haha:

I told you I was home...where are you at? Lose your nerve?

Look, roll of your mother and be a man...if you want to talk the talk then walk the walk.

Apparently "Cobra 76 two" and "CONAN GUNN" are too busy fucking each other in the ass to continue the fight. I'll be back tomorrow night punks to see if you lost your heart yet. By the way...at least I had the courage to post my name and address. I know you both live in San Francisco but not just where...yet!

See what I mean? I'm usually right about these fucksticks. Just as I figured....another pussyboy playing on the internet who thrives on attention. "Oh don't you worry all my little fans out there in interweb land... I'll be back tonite to continue to see what an ass I can make of myself and I'll take on this whole god damn forum if that's what it takes...cause I'm a big tough police man!" You're just an old fart thomas...let it go already. :rolleyes: You can sit here in this thread every night if want to, and waste your breath trying to convince everyone I'm an ass and you are some bigshot TKD master cop, and that you are in the right by instigating violence here. I don't give a shit and I won't be wasting any more of my time talking to you here, or anywhere else on this forum. :haha:

And BTW...stop bragging about how much "courage" it takes to post your name and address on an internet forum, it only shows how much of a real dumbass you actually are. Lots of folks here know my real name and address, but it's not because I was a retard and posted it in a little childish internet spat thread. You fucking dumbass don't you realize some of the things that could happen if the wrong people decided to use that information? I'm looking at a picture of what you claim is your house, right now. Out of the thousands of people who are going to eventually end up reading that shit, you don't know how many may decide to drop by and pay you a visit, or even worse, maybe send you a little present. That kind of stupidity is sometimes hereditary or contagious among family members....you must be related to some other retarded trolls I know in Indiana.... the Wingies...lol.

So in closing...enjoy your little Cobra bashing game all by yourself mr tough guy....I'm through with your lame ass.

post-1293-1236440458.gif

Apparently "Cobra 76 two" and "CONAN GUNN" are too busy fucking each other in the ass to continue the fight. I'll be back tomorrow night punks to see if you lost your heart yet. By the way...at least I had the courage to post my name and address. I know you both live in San Francisco but not just where...yet!

And while you are waiting for somebody to show up at your now public home address so you can go mano eh mano, some other dude is combining that information with what he'd already been able to glean from other sources, and is stealing your identity. Might as well make it easy for them and post your SSN, too....

Okay you guys need to take it outside. Its getting out of hand.

Zingers or not, I've been informed and hopefully the next guy is as well before he sees that special sale at his local store on 7.62X54r.

If anyone know of any bargains on .308 ammo, please post. Thanks.

owww shit here we go again................................ :rolleyes:

See what I mean? I'm usually right about these fucksticks. Just as I figured....another pussyboy playing on the internet who thrives on attention. "Oh don't you worry all my little fans out there in interweb land... I'll be back tonite to continue to see what an ass I can make of myself and I'll take on this whole god damn forum if that's what it takes...cause I'm a big tough police man!" You're just an old fart thomas...let it go already. :rolleyes: You can sit here in this thread every night if want to, and waste your breath trying to convince everyone I'm an ass and you are some bigshot TKD master cop, and that you are in the right by instigating violence here. I don't give a shit and I won't be wasting any more of my time talking to you here, or anywhere else on this forum. :haha:

And BTW...stop bragging about how much "courage" it takes to post your name and address on an internet forum, it only shows how much of a real dumbass you actually are. Lots of folks here know my real name and address, but it's not because I was a retard and posted it in a little childish internet spat thread. You fucking dumbass don't you realize some of the things that could happen if the wrong people decided to use that information? I'm looking at a picture of what you claim is your house, right now. Out of the thousands of people who are going to eventually end up reading that shit, you don't know how many may decide to drop by and pay you a visit, or even worse, maybe send you a little present. That kind of stupidity is sometimes hereditary or contagious among family members....you must be related to some other retarded trolls I know in Indiana.... the Wingies...lol.

So in closing...enjoy your little Cobra bashing game all by yourself mr tough guy....I'm through with your lame ass.

post-1293-1236440458.gif

Okay FrustratedInCali, Netpackrat,and evildog69...I'll own up that these keyboard wars are silly. Nothing is going to be accomplished. I'll also guarantee posting my name and address will lead to nothing also. I've put up with threats for years and it all turns out to be talk. The truth is I had not contacted, responded to, or provoked "Cobra 76 two" in any way on this thread. He took it upon himself to fire the first shot. I responded and the keyboard keys started clacking. We conducted ourselves in a manner unworthy of the respect of the other members of this forum. I responded to him in the same manner he jumped off with toward me. He obviously didn't like it. :rolleyes:

Well "Cobra 76 two" if you are done with my "lame ass" then I guess we'll part agreeing we think each other is an asshole. And there will be no more "Cobra 76 two" bashing on my part as long as there is no more "T165" bashing on yours.

Edited by t165
Go back and check to see who started the talk about ass kickings before you start painting everyone else with the same brush.

From my perspective it was you Netpackrat. March 6, 12:53am Post #17 "If you are referring to me, please PM for my home address". Your words...not mine.

Did you expect me to believe you were inviting me over to your house for a coke? You were upset over a comment I had made to FrustratedInCali about how rude some people are on these forums. That in the real world they would never be so rude but due to the anonymity of the Internet there is no social pressure to be courteous. I did not quote or mention your name. The truth is the comments were not directed at you. It was nothing more than a blanket observation of what to expect on these forums. You know as well as I do few face to face discussions about gun operation and repair seldom leads to the name calling and disrespect occurring on these forums. I'm willing to take my share of the blame but there is plenty to pass around. I had actually been cordial to you in an earlier post on this thread. From your perspective you seem to think I flamed you first...misunderstandings occur. I thought you flamed me first...so, where do we go from here?

Just as the title says. Is it possible to use 7.62x54r in a .308? I know that .308 is 7.62x51 but does the extra length, 3mm make it so that the 7.62x54r can't be chambered in a .308? I searched everywhere and they all say that the .308 is the parent cartridge for the 7.62x54r but nothing definite whether it is okay to interchange between the two.

The reason why I ask is that 7.62x54r is much cheaper than .308 so I'm looking at as a source of cheap ammo.

7.62 in Russia is actually .311 diameter and 7.62 Nato is .308. Plus the 7.62X54 is a rimmed cartridge and 7.62X51 is not.

Using a .311 diameter projo in a .308 barrel will increase pressures and may exceed the guns designed limit if you don't know how to reload it right in 308 brass. Plus it will cause the barrel to wear out faster.

7.62X54r will not chamber in a 308 gun. 2 totaly different rounds

Hope this helps. This post turned into a shit storm.

as i stated in a previous post, one should not substitute rounds for other chamberings. Only while starving or while at war. The VC used to use 308 in their x54R chambered rifles occasionally when they ran out of ammo, however I would NOT reccomend this. This is probably what the OP wasreferring to from memory, but had it backwards.

+1 to what ripper said.

Go back and check to see who started the talk about ass kickings before you start painting everyone else with the same brush.

From my perspective it was you Netpackrat. March 6, 12:53am Post #17 "If you are referring to me, please PM for my home address". Your words...not mine.

That was in response to this post by you:

If you read these forums enough you'll find some that do nothing but pop off and insult people every chance they get. In the real world they would have to take an ass kicking for their comments but these keyboard tough guys would never be so rude in public. I try to ignore them but it does get difficult at times. You just know they are on or in need of psychological counciling and medication.

You aren't the only one who doesn't have any patience for bullies. Try not acting like one next time.

Okay. I'll try one more time to explain you were not being addressed in those comments I made to FrustratedInCali. Where in that comment to FrustratedInCali are you mentioned? You will not find it because it didn't happen. You will not find mention of anyone. Prior to instructing me to PM you for your address you had one post on this thread with (2) words. "Good Grief". I responded to you on the next post laughing because I thought you were referring to another similar post we had both been on concerning the differences in these calibers because they were occurring simultaneously. I didn't ridicule you in any way. Several post later FrustratedInCali thanked those who answered his question and expressed his disappointment that he felt his intelligence had been insulted by some members. FrustratedInCali mentioned no names in his post, your name was not mentioned there either. I then expressed my opinion that rudeness which would never be tolerated in person was a fact of life on internet forums due to the anonymity of it all. How you extrapolated a personal threat from me that I was going to kick your ass in beyond me. I have told you previously and am telling you again it's simply not true. This is pretty much a dead horse at this point. I don't know what else I can do to convince you that you were not being threatened. I could delve into legality and culpability but I would just be wasting my breath if you simply do not want to take my word for it. Granted, after you invited me to PM for your home address I got a bit hot! I've since cooled down.

Edited by t165
Okay. I'll try one more time to explain you were not being addressed in those comments I made to FrustratedInCali. Where in that comment to FrustratedInCali are you mentioned? You will not find it because it didn't happen. You will not find mention of anyone. Prior to instructing me to PM you for your address you had one post on this thread with (2) words. "Good Grief". I responded to you on the next post laughing because I thought you were referring to another similar post we had both been on concerning the differences in these calibers because they were occurring simultaneously. I didn't ridicule you in any way. Several post later FrustratedInCali thanked those who answered his question and expressed his disappointment that he felt his intelligence had been insulted by some members. FrustratedInCali mentioned no names in his post, your name was not mentioned there either. I then expressed my opinion that rudeness which would never be tolerated in person was a fact of life on internet forums due to the anonymity of it all. How you extrapolated a personal threat from me that I was going to kick your ass in beyond me. I have told you previously and am telling you again it's simply not true. This is pretty much a dead horse at this point. I don't know what else I can do to convince you that you were not being threatened. I could delve into legality and culpability but I would just be wasting my breath if you simply do not want to take my word for it. Granted, after you invited me to PM for your home address I got a bit hot! I've since cooled down.

i'm sorry but when it comes to firearms there are many people who must have their intelligence questioned by the way they act or what they say. To ever think that 7.62x54r might be fired in a rifle chambered for 7.62x51 and 308win shows a lack of something. things like this might give gun haters more ammo to try to take them away by saying they must be saved from themselves.

I didn't see the need to insult FrustratedInCali. Opinions vary...to each their own. I did take some pictures and attempted to show the 7.62x54r cartridge would not completely chamber in a Saiga-308 or function through the factory magazine. And that gun haters will use anything to get their way? That we have signed up on this site and own, or expressed an interest to own, Soviet made guns will be made much more an issue than anything FrustratedInCali said. During the first AWB I remember mention that Americans buying imported guns from some countries was akin to treason. I kept hearing politicians during the 90's talk about global economy and erasing trade borders but if the products didn't fit their agenda they were outlawed. How is buying a bottle of Vodka from Russia any worse than purchasing a Saiga firearm?

Edited by t165
  • 1 year later...