I'm selling my M1 Garand Commerative D-Day rifle. Price is agreed upon....how would I find an FFL to transfer it to his FFL (in AZ) and have My FFL collect the funds (by credit card) and give me the cash? Shipping & Ins. would be included in the agreed upon purchase price. And, does anyone know someone in the Houston area that would do this? Thanks for your help...

I'm pretty sure that you collect the payment and pay your ffl any fees. Then the buyer has to pay his ffl the transfer fee to pick up the gun. I'm basing this on transfers in my state (NJ) between private parties. The ffl's had nothing to do with collecting payment for the buyer. YMMV.

Aside from the friendly folks here, a private individual does not need an FFL on their end to ship a firearm anywhere in the USA.

It must, however, be delivered to an FFL holder if going to another state.

I made this thread (figured it could be stickied) to explain this stuff: Shipping a gun - Saiga-12.com

Usually the buyer finds the FFL where he wants to do business, and has the dealer get with the seller (you) to establish bonafides.

Edited by nalioth
I can take care of it for you.. give me a call 713-264-1135

Thank's Keith! I'll see you Monday 3/9. Will call you before coming out,

Steve

BS012

edit: Thanks naloith, real good info (as usual). But he's already helping me with this particular transaction.

Edited by BullShark012