Mag release question

I was planning on purchasing a Saiga .223. I like the weapon, it is inexpensive and I like the simplicity of the AK style system. I was at "my" gun store and the owner got a couple in his afternood delivery. We opened them up and the first one would would not seat the 10 rd or an aftermarket 30 round mag. I had this problem on a couple of mags for my AK. The next rifle was the same but after a little play they finally worked. My question(s) are 1- has anyone had this type of problem, 2-instead of receasing all of the mags we though about taking a dremil and taking a little off of the top of the release. Now I am on the fence about picking one up. I DO NOT want to spend the $$$ on an AR. I would rather pay less for the SAIGA and invest the $$$ in ammo. Any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.

klinger

The ten-rounder that came with mine was really persnickety at first, while the 20-round Surefires worked very well. Just work with it for a while and it will get better. Saiga's are a little rough out of the box. Buy it and work it; it'll get better.