This looks pretty real to me - anyone from San Fran

That was great!!!!

terrible that it took an officer's life to get to that point.....

I have to say that i think it is time cruel and unusual punishment needs to be seen as a sliding scale.....if people are starving in America, prisoners can starve too. If families are forced into tiny apartments after losing their homes due to the economy, we can ram as many of the convicted into a cell as can fit (not comfortably either!)...let them fucking stand, beds are for those who follow the laws. no more of this "the jails are too full" bullshit.

That was great!!!!

terrible that it took an officer's life to get to that point.....

I have to say that i think it is time cruel and unusual punishment needs to be seen as a sliding scale.....if people are starving in America, prisoners can starve too. If families are forced into tiny apartments after losing their homes due to the economy, we can ram as many of the convicted into a cell as can fit (not comfortably either!)...let them fucking stand, beds are for those who follow the laws. no more of this "the jails are too full" bullshit.

If the jails are too full, clean out Death Row. THat will open some space up, and act as a deterrent as well.

A San Francisco police officer died early Wednesday after a van involved in a chase hit his cruiser, flipping it onto the sidewalk.

The officer, Nick-Tomasito Birco, 39, was later pronounced dead at San Francisco General Hospital. Birco had been with the Department for five years and was assigned to Bayview Station. Four suspects -- three men and a woman -- were arrested at the accident scene.

According to police reports, Birco arrived at 12:35 a.m. in the 500 block of Bayshore Boulevard in the city's Bayview District to assist other officers pursuing a van matching the description of a vehicle used in a robbery at a city bus station, according to San Francisco Police Chief Heather Fong.

A man who had just concluded work was waiting at a bus stop when he was assaulted and robbed by two men. The victim provided a van description and joined police in a search of the area.

Shortly afterward, the suspects' vehicle was spotted in the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant, according to Fong.

"The officers made contact with the vehicle and the vehicle took off," Fong said at a hastily called news conference at San Francisco General Hospital. "It did not stop. As a result, there was a pursuit of this vehicle."

The officers chased the van down a city street and onto southbound Interstate 280 in the direction of South San Francisco, then back toward San Francisco, before the van exited the freeway in the southern part of the city on Geneva Avenue.

As Birco drove through the nearby intersection of Cambridge and Felton streets, his car was struck by the suspects' van, which had run a stop sign, police said. The police car spun out of control on impact, hit a curb, flipped on its side and struck a utility pole.

"(The officer) was responding to the area but this vehicle was not (directly) involved in the pursuit," Fong said.

The crash occurred just after 1 a.m.

Birco received CPR at the scene and was rushed to San Francisco General Hospital where he later died, police said. He had been on the force for five years and worked at Bayview station.

Hospital staff made "a valiant effort to save the officer's life," police spokeswoman Maria Oropeza said, but doctors were not able to revive him after extensive efforts.

The supects' van continued after the collision with the officer, hitting two other vehicles and two buildings before coming to a stop. The four suspects in the van were then taken into custody, police said, and transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

"As a result of this incident, tragically, we have lost an officer who was out there protecting the public, responding to a crime where a member of the community was assaulted and robbed," said Chief Fong.

According to the department's Web site, during his brief career, Birco was awarded a Police Commission Commendation in December 2002 for his bravery in executing a search warrant on a man whose residence contained numerous firearms and rounds of ammunition. He had also been awarded 11 Captain Complimentary awards, and had received two letters from citizens impressed with his level of service and professionalism.

The last San Francisco police officer to die in the line of duty was Sgt. Darryl Tsujimoto. The 41-year-old department veteran died May 1 during a canine training exercise on Treasure Island.

The last SFPD officer killed in a traffic wreck was Jon Cook. He died in 2002 in the city's Mission District when his patrol car was struck by another police car responding to the same emergency call.

Pacific Gas and Electric Co. crews meanwhile worked to restore power to approximately 500 customers in the city's Excelsior and Portola districts due to the utility pole damage from the fatal crash involving the officer, PG&E spokesman Brian Swanson said.

PG&E said it took until 9:45 a.m. to restore finally power because of the closed-off crime scene that limited their access to the downed pole and power lines.

Source: http://cbs5.com/local/SFPD.fatality.Interstate.2.445251.html

The worm appears to be turning. :super:

I see the top Philly LEO's pointing this out too lately. Why was this douchebag out on the street for the sixth or seventh time instead of rotting in prison where he belonged instead of just automatically raising the "more gun control obviously is needed" wet sack gun ban mantra. :up:

I couldn't get it to load. :(

I don't know what to tell you guys that can't get it to load.

I just checked it again and it's working for me.

Basically, a series of judges let some scum-bag out - repeatedly.

The scum-bag kept committing crimes and the subsequent judges kept releasing him. The DA was going for the throat, but the judges wouldn't lock his ass up.

So, the scum bag did something else and the cops were in hot pursuit. The scum-bag rammed a cop car and killed the cop driving it.

This video is from (I assume) the chief of police. He's pissed the fuck off (rightfully so) and says he's going to find some judges, kick some ass and take some names.

He's going to run all out to have these judges removed in the next election.

That's basically what this video is all about.

The video is WMV format, some computers have issues displaying it, I captured the video and put it on youtube.

It says the video is being processed, should be up within the next 10 min or so.

Thanks

Another fallen hero and the press looks to blame the cops. That news paper is not fit to wipe your ass with!...fuck California that POS State! God bless the police dept for finding their voice.

So, when innocent citizens are wiped out during police chases its called "unfortunate" and everyone is really "sorry about that" but when a cop is wiped out then suddenly, somehow it is different. And its not their fault, its the judges fault. Now they are going after the judges because someone else must be to blame for this, not them. For all intents and purposes this could just have easily been a first time offender they were chasing, so who would they blame then? I'm not saying you never chase the bad guys, but there is a limit to when you can do that safely and I see that limit being exceeded far too often.

So if all them fools dont want the cops to go after the bad guys,who are they gonna blame when the bad guys figure that out and just have a field day with robberies and murders?

I say let them chase the bastards and shoot them to make sure they dont get out again.Getting sick of paying to house their sorry asses.