Just received my x39 thursday, plus DPH brake

My x39 arrived at my dealer's thursday, got off of work and my wife called me and said I might want to head up to LT's he had a surprise for me, happy happy happy! My DPH brake/hider had arrived on wed., well that thing went on like a charm! Headed up to the family farm today and run a few through it to check out the DPH. If it works as well on the x39 as it does on the 223, then I'll be a happy man!

After receiving the replies that I have, I think I'm about ready to jump into a conversion on the x39. I like the way the rifles handle as they are now, but know that they will be even better if they are reconfigured to the way that they are supposed to be.

Everyone enjoy this springlike saturday!

Just got back, WOW what a fun time at the farm! I ran 100 rounds through my new baby, no hiccups at all, course, didn't expect any. The DPH did very well! I ran a mag through without it on and reinstalled it...nice difference! We were shooting fifty yards at target and were putting them in the bulls-eye or right next to it. They really had the sights adjusted well. I am so in love! :wub:

I am definitely going to do a conversion on this one, can't wait to see how it does with a good FCG, plus just plain itchin to do the conversion...I've been bit bad by the Saiga bug, just gotta wait until my play funds are restored, buying these three Saiga's over the last couple of months has really drained my bank account!

Edited by unclejake
What I wanna know is, does it actually suppress the muzzle flash?

Yes,enquiring minds want to know! Shoot it at night and if it blinds you then we'll know it is more compensator than flash hider,LOL

It does look quite wicked though :D

Let's see here,MA, WHERE IS THE FR%*#($*%*L ON THIS THING! LOL

Just got through firing off a mag...pretty dark here, and yes, it does suppress the flash VERY WELL! You see very little flash at all shooting it, so I got my wife to fire off a few, which tells you that it does control the muzzle to a degree, it really works well controling the flash looking at it from the side also.

I'll tell y'all, I'm pretty inpressed with this little jewel! Not only does it look wicked , but it works wonders on the flash at night, no blinding searing flames shooting out the end of the barrel.

I have had the DPH on my 223 for a few weeks now, and knew that it worked well on it, and am impressed with how well it works on the 7.62, as we all know how much of a firespitter that round is!

post-14474-1236643933_thumb.jpg

Let's see here,MA, WHERE IS THE FR%*#($*%*L ON THIS THING! LOL

Just got through firing off a mag...pretty dark here, and yes, it does suppress the flash VERY WELL! You see very little flash at all shooting it, so I got my wife to fire off a few, which tells you that it does control the muzzle to a degree, it really works well controling the flash looking at it from the side also.

I'll tell y'all, I'm pretty inpressed with this little jewel! Not only does it look wicked , but it works wonders on the flash at night, no blinding searing flames shooting out the end of the barrel.

I have had the DPH on my 223 for a few weeks now, and knew that it worked well on it, and am impressed with how well it works on the 7.62, as we all know how much of a firespitter that round is!

Thankee kindly, Unclejake. Does it come loose or anything like that? Looks like I might git me one, too. B)

Edited by MacMan

So far, I have run 200 rounds through my x39 and the DPH is as tight as it can be!! I have run 500 through the 223 and same thing...you cannot shoot these things loose!!

Scott, man ya owe me for all this advertising!! LOL

What I wanna know is, does it actually suppress the muzzle flash?

Did my conversion today, went out to the range to test everything out (as well as the DPH flash hider)... works great! pretty much eliminates all the flash... it was getting dark so I thought it would be a perfect time to test with it off and with it on... took some video too so people could see:

without.mpg

with.mpg