Scope mount for 308

I bought the Russian scope mount that is supposed to fit Saiga's but it only fits my .223 tight. When I put it on the .308 it is loose. I checked the rails on the guns and cannot find a difference between the two, but apparently there is. Both guns are EEA imports. Any suggestions? :cryss:

Don't know what mount you have but the one I have has an adjustment on the lever to tighten it up if it is too loose on the rail. The one I have (don't remember brand) has a single lever that you flip to thighten it down. If you have the indtructions for it look and see if it talks about the adjustment.

Edited by Lumox
I bought the Russian scope mount that is supposed to fit Saiga's but it only fits my .223 tight. When I put it on the .308 it is loose. I checked the rails on the guns and cannot find a difference between the two, but apparently there is. Both guns are EEA imports. Any suggestions? :cryss:

Here is a link to a manual on adjusting Russian-style side mounts: AK-style clamp adjustment from Kalinka. BTW, if you go to kalinka optics and check out their manuals section - scroll to the bottom, left panel - there is some useful stuff there.