Saiga-M Did I screw up?

Well, I actually think the M series already is setup the way you want, so replace the trigger group, and put a pistol grip on it, there should already be a hole for you, should be rather simple swap out. Good luck

Well, I actually think the M series already is setup the way you want, so replace the trigger group, and put a pistol grip on it, there should already be a hole for you, should be rather simple swap out. Good luck

M series? What is that if I must ask? I try to be well versed on all of my tools.

The Saiga-M is the latest addition to the line (modern). It has a heavier receiver, elongated barrel (555 mm), and a bolt with three locking lugs. Apparently they are more difficult to find and I guess I inadvertantly purchased it. I can post the pics if you all are interested. I am hoping it works out.

My "M" had a different trigger set up than my other rifle....one long trigger, where the older one had the linkage. The "M" has a flat trunion, the old has the curved. I measured the receiver sidewall thickness in both, no difference. I'm waiting for the new FCG from Dinzag and the "M" will be converted too. Greg

ETA: These are both .223's

Edited by coyotewillie

I have the saiga-m FCG is all ready set for a pistol grip because the fcg is already in the forward condition to make room for the pistol grip part of the skeletonized stock. I just put an ak lamaned skeletonized stock on my 10mins ago with no modifcations to make it work. It will readly accept ak FCGs. The origional buttstock is secured with 2 screws and one bolt with pistol grip nut. It is probibly the same as a regular ak reciever.

20" barrel Saiga m is heavy mofo though.

Here it is in factory form except scope and factory mag.

th_saigas.jpg

Mine also has the synthetic stock with the "M" on the side. I will keep everyonr posted with how it goes. Have to ship a few parts back to Danzig. Heres a couple pics, you can see the "M" and longer barrel.

Ok.... How do I place photos on here????

My friend bought a 7.62 x 39 -20" and it has the SAIGA M stamp on the side, but it does not have the wood stock, regular Black synthetic,..... Who knows???

Pics get added as "attachments"

click the add reply and browse for the picture on your hard drive. you might have to resize the picture to get it to upload on here. Powertoys for XP

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

click Image resizer .exe on the right hand side. and install it, then right click the picture you want to resize and click the resize option, i usually go to medium 800x600 size.

once you get the photo to upload you need to go to the manage current attachements and click the plus sign beside the file name and it should add into your post.

as for the gun issue, if the trigger is in the rear position (near the back of the reciever) i think you need all the parts like all the other regular x39 conversions, if you have the wooden thumbhole with the trigger moved up i think you still need the parts but it will easier since its just a replacement

post-16216-1236722622_thumb.jpgpost-16216-1236722603_thumb.jpg

Pics get added as "attachments"

click the add reply and browse for the picture on your hard drive. you might have to resize the picture to get it to upload on here. Powertoys for XP

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

click Image resizer .exe on the right hand side. and install it, then right click the picture you want to resize and click the resize option, i usually go to medium 800x600 size.

once you get the photo to upload you need to go to the manage current attachements and click the plus sign beside the file name and it should add into your post.

as for the gun issue, if the trigger is in the rear position (near the back of the reciever) i think you need all the parts like all the other regular x39 conversions, if you have the wooden thumbhole with the trigger moved up i think you still need the parts but it will easier since its just a replacement

Coal Forge....Your "M" looks like it has a slant at the rear of the receiver...is the receiver actually slanted in the back or is it the rear stock covering the back lower corner of the receiver making in look slanted?

Reminds me of a Norinco. Very interesting.

Anyone else on this forum own one? (Saiga-M)

Yes, I have one in 7.62. Bought it because I was not looking to convert and I liked the wood stock and longer barrel. It's pretty nice to shoot although it hasn't been out that much. I've got a MOJO rear that's not yet installed. The trigger didn't seem all that bad, but I'm wondering if a Tapco FCG would be that much better.

JCS44

Nope, no slant at the rear of the receiver. The gun is almost identicle to my buddy's "normal" Saiga. I didnt realize what I had until he purchased his Saiga this past weekend. As you can see there are no pins above the trigger and the barrel is longer. It also has a funny trigger, a lot different than the "normal" Saiga trigger. I will let you all know how the conversion goes. Just waiting to year back from Dinzag about the different parts needed.

Anyone else on this forum own one? (Saiga-M)

Yes, I have one in 7.62. Bought it because I was not looking to convert and I liked the wood stock and longer barrel. It's pretty nice to shoot although it hasn't been out that much. I've got a MOJO rear that's not yet installed. The trigger didn't seem all that bad, but I'm wondering if a Tapco FCG would be that much better.

JCS44

You should be good to go with the "normal" x39 parts. I went up to my other shop today and he has a converted M up there. just has the .308 trigger in it instead of the normal linkage to get to the trigger.

:up:

wtf? I thought the "M" was supposed to already have the trigger group foward and have the thumbhole stock?

Saiga M with wood thumbhole stock has the trigger forward from the factory. Is there any benefit to replacing the stock FCG?

jcs44

Replacing the factory trigger set will do two things for you... Give you a better trigger pull and give you 3 USA parts towards 922R compliance.

Meaning you are that much closer to using hi capacity magazines legally.

:smoke:

Replacing the factory trigger set will do two things for you... Give you a better trigger pull and give you 3 USA parts towards 922R compliance.

Meaning you are that much closer to using hi capacity magazines legally.

:smoke:

Does anyone know which Tapco FCG is correct for the Saiga M?

Thanks, jcs44

• 1 month later...
The advantage of moving the trigger assembly to the proper location is the addition of a pistol grip, much better trigger, and rearward shift in balance, as well as making the entire weapon shorter.

already ordered the parts to do the full conversion. have a couple questions that probably justify a new topic (will the intrafuse PG and stock work seperate once it's converted and why don't I have the 2 rivets over the trigger that is always drilled out first)