ATI Strikeforce foldable stock

I'm gathering items to finally do a full conversion (also waiting on my AR adapter from Magnolia). I'm looking at stock options and wanted to know if anyone's used the ATI Strikeforce folding stock. If you have a photo of this on your gun I'd appraciate seeing it. (I have searched the forum and haven't been able to find anything).

Thanks,

dgunnar

• 1 year later...

I'm gathering items to finally do a full conversion (also waiting on my AR adapter from Magnolia). I'm looking at stock options and wanted to know if anyone's used the ATI Strikeforce folding stock. If you have a photo of this on your gun I'd appraciate seeing it. (I have searched the forum and haven't been able to find anything).

Thanks,

dgunnar

Bump...

I am interested in this as well... the links that were just posted for the "how to" conversion in another thread were awesome, but I am just a little nervous... I was wondering if the ATI strikeforce was a true, no gun smithing required install...

Anyone have one with photo's and insight?

ATI is generally crap, don't buy their stocks.

Would you say that this is the best way to go?

(I grabbed this list from the other thread.....)

1 Saiga PG conversion kit from Dinzag

1 retainer plate

1 Tapco T6 stock

1 ATI strikeforce grip

1 Tapco G2 Single trigger group

And does this link do a good job explaining: http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/saiga/saiga-1.htm

I see this list as the single trigger group, and the video goes over the double trigger but I was just curious if it was pretty close to the effort needed to install all of the above...

And, what about the ATI grip listed above? I have used TAPCO on other guns, and liked the grip....

Thanks!

Thanks,

dgunnar

Haven't used or seen this stock on the Saiga, but if you look at the last review for the item at a non vendor site (the "cheaper " one) :smoke: , somebody likes it on their Saiga.

As with anything, ymmv!

The only input I can give on a folding ATI stock is from a buddy's SKS- and I can tell you that the folding mechanism seems "ok", but it's really bulky on the left side of center. Not the exact same product, but similar.

Does the stock need to fold, or is this a cosmetic want?

Edited by bohound

That list looks like it might have been from my thread --- I did my conversion last night, everything went relatively smooth. The rivets/bolts holding the "plate" on the underside of the gun was obviously the frustrating part, but still not very tough. I should add that i didnt have to be precise and perfect grinding them off since i was using the new trigger guard from Dinzag (a worthwhile purchase, looks 10X better than the original and as easy as putting in two hex screws).

I used 3 references when doing the conversion, cross referencing each one. 2 videos and the Stu offroad site, they were all helpful.

Heres a closeup of the ATI grip --- I didnt want to go with the saw style because i like the look and feel of finger grooves. The other ones i checked were either out of stock from where i ordered, too expensive, ugly, or not made in the USA. Theres no marking "made in the USA" on the grip, but the box/label does note it if i ever run into trouble. Anyways its as nice as it has to be, nothing special, just a grip.

post-25688-0-27265300-1293264587_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That list looks like it might have been from my thread --- I did my conversion last night, everything went relatively smooth. The rivets/bolts holding the "plate" on the underside of the gun was obviously the frustrating part, but still not very tough. I should add that i didnt have to be precise and perfect grinding them off since i was using the new trigger guard from Dinzag (a worthwhile purchase, looks 10X better than the original and as easy as putting in two hex screws).

I used 3 references when doing the conversion, cross referencing each one. 2 videos and the Stu offroad site, they were all helpful.

Heres a closeup of the ATI grip --- I didnt want to go with the saw style because i like the look and feel of finger grooves. The other ones i checked were either out of stock from where i ordered, too expensive, ugly, or not made in the USA. Theres no marking "made in the USA" on the grip, but the box/label does note it if i ever run into trouble. Anyways its as nice as it has to be, nothing special, just a grip.

Replay, that's good information. I am going to go that route. I am nervous, but it will be worth it I am sure!