Saiga 12 Conversion

About how much does it cost to get a Saiga 12 stock and pistol grip conversion and do I look for competent gunsmiths in my area or do I send them out of state to some specialized company that does Saiga conversions?

About how much does it cost to get a Saiga 12 stock and pistol grip conversion

It all depends really on what you want. Here's an example.

(These prices are estimated and don't include shipping. Actual costs, depending on where you get them, may differ.)

Stock = $50ish

Pistol grip = $15ish

FCG = $30ish

Trigger guard (Tromix DIY or SaigaTech) = $45ish

That's all you'll need for a basic conversion. So you're looking at $140ish before shipping (again, this is estimated. If you shop around, you may find better deals.)

do I look for competent gunsmiths in my area or do I send them out of state to some specialized company that does Saiga conversions?

I'd go with option "C"..........do it yourself! :up: It will be far cheaper, and you'll get to know your gun, and have fun too.

If not, some of the vendors here do conversions. Get in touch with them, and compare prices/wait time.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd go with option "C"..........do it yourself! :up: It will be far cheaper, and you'll get to know your gun, and have fun too.

If not, some of the vendors here do conversions. Get in touch with them, and compare prices/wait time.

+1 If you know how to use a hammer, a drill and a Dremel tool, its not so bad. I'm doing mine soon, once my parts arrive from Dinzag.

I took opion "F" with my 410, but the system is the same with a 12 ga.

Saiga T6 bolt on Stock 60 bucks.

Gas puck 25 bucks.

US made mag, 40 ish bucks.

That gives you 5 US parts, leaving 9 foreign.

And, you dont have to bother moving the trigger.

Of course, you WILL have to deal with all the better than thou, do it my way guys, or its "Fricked up" :haha: , but, its 20 minutes to do, and easily reversible, if and when the BATF decides to make a high cap, pistol grip Saiga a destructive device, as they did with the USAS-12, or the Striker/Streetsweepers....

This is my 410, I did my 12 with an Ace bolt on folder, but it runs about 200 beans, instead of 60.

dsc1818.jpg

Edited by frick

I just realized I forgot to add in a retainer plate (or wire if you'd prefer that) to the list. So throw in $12ish.

I took opion "F" with my 410, but the system is the same with a 12 ga.

Saiga T6 bolt on Stock 60 bucks.

Gas puck 25 bucks.

US made mag, 40 ish bucks.

That gives you 5 US parts, leaving 9 foreign.

And, you dont have to bother moving the trigger.

Of course, you WILL have to deal with all the better than thou, do it my way guys, or its "Fricked up" :haha: , but, its 20 minutes to do, and easily reversible, if and when the BATF decides to make a high cap, pistol grip Saiga a destructive device, as they did with the USAS-12, or the Striker/Streetsweepers....

This is my 410, I did my 12 with an Ace bolt on folder, but it runs about 200 beans, instead of 60.

dsc1818.jpg

That's not really a conversion. There's no "better than thou" coming from this end, but if you haven't moved the FCG forward, you haven't done a conversion, IMO.

Plus, you still have to deal with that shitty trigger, with those bolt-on gripped stocks.

I should be ready to start my S12 conversion soon. So far I got a new trigger, saw grip with bolt, internal stock adaptor and left folding Ace stock. I plan on saving the trigger guard and making my own safety stop. I'm not sure if I have enough US parts yet. I still might have to add a piston.

About how much does it cost to get a Saiga 12 stock and pistol grip conversion and do I look for competent gunsmiths in my area or do I send them out of state to some specialized company that does Saiga conversions?

We so basic conversions for 770$ which includes the gun @ 575$, and we are located about an hour straight west of Pittsburgh.

Check this out for some guidance. Cost wise, it really depends on your prefs, I spent about 200 on the folding ace stock, 50 on the trigger group, and 50 on the trigger guard, and on mags (not truly part of the conversion) you can spend a lot (30-50 per 10-13 round), but take my advice and get that md 20 round drum, it rocks the house but is close to 300 bucks. I really recommend moving the trigger group forward as it gives you the option to shorten the gun down a bit vs having a big block or stock hanging out the back.

http://earthseaphoto.com/SagaofMySaiga.htm

Edited by sacsucks