long term ammo storage

I live in a relatively dry climate and keep my ammo in my basement which generally stays between 65 and 70 degrees F year 'round. I keep all of my ammo in ammo cans. Is there anything else I need to do to ensure this stuff will go bang into the future? If I keep opening and closing these ammo cans will that do anything to compromise it?

I have a recommendation of what not to do my basement is moist but not wet, I thought putting it in the large plastic storage tubs with click tops would be great, but those tubs collect moisture and my brass startedt to tarnish in less thn 6 months, glad I was checking it,!! These tubs have small holes at the bottom of each handle which let air in and out, but the way they are made makes them a moisture trap.

Any dry storage with fairly constant temperature should work well. If you use standard green ammo cans, be sure the rubber seal is good and not dry rotted. I've fired some .303 British ammo from the 60's with no problems, if stored correctly I wouldn't be surprised if it would/could last a hundred years.