New Vortex Strikefire dot sight and mounting options

Well,the test results don't look promising.Checked zero and started shooting to confirm zero and then shot some more and at round 328 the sight blinked out.This was supposed to be a preliminary prior to setting up a camera and putting it through some fire and maneuver tomorrow but the sight blinked out and then came back on again once it got hot.Battery?Anyway now the sight randomly shuts off when any shock is applied.It did not lose zero even once during the 328 rounds that it managed to run and when it came on intermittently after that it was still with on the money so it must be a power issue but for now the test is shelved and the sight is going back to Vortex for inspection and analysis.

More to come

Edited by SOPMOD

Thanks for the update.

I remember reading about a sight (can't think of which one, it might have even been the Strikefire :unsure: ) that people had to pull on the battery spring to stretch it a little, to keep the battery in place. When the gun was fired, it would disconnect for a split second, because the spring wasn't holding the battery against the whatever-the-nubs-are-called-that-the-battery-touches.

Let us know what Vortex says.

• 2 weeks later...
Just get an Aimpoint Comp ML2 and be done with it.

Easy to say when you only have one rifle to equip but my old Aimpoint Comp M is now on my wife's M4 and I have several more rifles to put optics on.

Wouldn't happen to have a spare $4000 you could lend me,eh?

I just got done modifying an Ultimak for my Bulgarian Krink so I will need yet another and the heat this little sucker puts off will be immense so it had better be a good one

MeasurementsAKGear009.jpg

MeasurementsAKGear008.jpg

I put 500 round at the range this weekend, running hot each time. I was only there for about 3 hours. My Strikfire is mounted on top of my gas tube using the UTG quad rail. I had zero issues and it stayed zero'ed. I hope to still have good luck with this product. Maybe you just have a bad unit. Did you contact them to do a switch ?

-Bryan

Just heard from Paul at Vortex Optics and he is sending me a new unit with updated/upgraded heavy duty electronics.He says that mine was the earliest model and that there have been 3 updated in the electronics and power management since then and that he will offer full warranty support for another exhaustive torture test with video documentation if I am willing to perform it.

He believes the latest generation of the Vortex Strikefire is capable of of withstanding such a test and the only thing that should fail is the battery which can be replaced to put the unit back in action.

more to come

Just heard from Paul at Vortex Optics and he is sending me a new unit with updated/upgraded heavy duty electronics.He says that mine was the earliest model and that there have been 3 updated in the electronics and power management since then and that he will offer full warranty support for another exhaustive torture test with video documentation if I am willing to perform it.

He believes the latest generation of the Vortex Strikefire is capable of of withstanding such a test and the only thing that should fail is the battery which can be replaced to put the unit back in action.

more to come

That's great news. Glad to see they replaced it with an up to date model, without any fuss.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I don't know about updates, but I bought one couple months ago and have used it three times at the range and IT IS GREAT, well made and beautifully finished, bright, clear and no problems at all with it, easy to use with easy to understand controls. Holds zero with and without the doubler, I even took it off my rail and re-attached (in the same location) it and it held zero.

For what it's worth I give it my highest recommendation, it's in my opinion superior to other red dot's that cost four times or more it's price, how can you loose ? great product, great price and lifetime warranty..

Edited by Rockina