My ghillie suit and saiga...good match

I started this suit 2 weeks ago (jan. 23) and finally put the finishing touchs on today. Made from natural jute, a pair of BDU's, netting, and a crap load of time....around 65-70 hours ( i had to remake the jute twine, the first load of 7 pounds was a failure). Tell me what you all think of this suit. If anyone has any question regarding a ghillie, post them and i will see what i can do.

post-5-1107812392.jpg

:lolol: Whats the street value of that Marijauna?

Thats alot! :lolol:

I'd like to know what you used for a hold suit underneath? I see you used burlap bag threads, or the like.

Info on the suit under?

Never mind........Woodland Cammies it is......Are they a size larger? Or fitted?

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

Dude, that looks great. More importantly it looks like it wouldent be seen at all. Have you thought about maby leaving it out in the sun a little bit to mute the strong color? My buddies and I used to do that stuff all the time when we were kiddies playing in the woods. Through the years I did notice that a strong black brown or green will be visable in the woods. But if you leave your garments out in the sun for a few days they get all faded and muted and get really hard to see. It still looks very functional, nice job.

really?! Maby it helps to break up solid colors like in nature? I like that suit dood! I am feeling inspired, I should stop looking at it now before I get into the ole' lady's sewing stuff. I could have alot of fun with something like that! Good idea, great job!

Good job man, I know how labor intensive those things are, I made one recently too, hopefully I'll get to use it in hunting turkey (which I've never done) and not just as an unfair advantage in paintball. :ph34r:

Forgive my not wearing it. I did keep some material seperate to use as a rifle cover. You may want to consider doing that too.

post-5-1107830063.jpg

DUDE!!!! THATS AWESOME!!!!

LOOKS FABULOUS!!!

When you wear a ghillie... do you also add some wild aspects to it when in the field??

Like some branches of local bushes, or trees or what not??? to add to the "realism" and help to breakup with matching material???

Thats VERY FREAKIN COOL!!!!!

:smoke:

When I was 12 yrs old me and the other kids would play War all of the time. I saw a pic of a Gillie Suit somewhere and it stuck in the back of my head. One day we were playing in the woods and I decided to use some of the local plants as camoflage. Unfortunately the local plant I chose to use was poison ivy!! lt was a truly horrible experience that I would not like to repeat.

Edited by Tengu