problem with promag

I used a Dremel to cut the rear tab to match the profile of the stock mag. I did it gradually to make sure I don't take too much off. It took a bit of trial and error to get to the final fit but I got it eventually. However, its a bit loose (side to side wiggle). The problem I had was not only did it not fit, it also wouldn't release because it binded against my Radd Lok. The binding was because of the shallow profile of the tab. The Dremel fixed that by removing some material above the tab to gain clearance for the release.

As for the follower problem (last round bolt hold open) I think DTrom has the fix for that. Or is it Cobra? It requires the use of a wine bottle cork and very hot water. This requires disassembly of the mag and removing the follower. The cork is used to spread the follower out so that the tabs on the follower hits the stops in the mag as it was originally intended for which doesn't as a result of some defective manufacturing. The hot water is used to soften the follower material so that it is molded into the correct shape when the cork is stuck inside it. Once it cools remove the cork and the follower should hold its new shape and stop inside the mag at the correct position.

To avoid this the next time buy AGP mags! Thats what I did on my next buy. The AGPs fitted and released with no issues and it didn't have the last round problem with the follower. The spring and follower was smooth too which wasn't on the Pro-mag.

I used a Dremel to cut the rear tab to match the profile of the stock mag. I did it gradually to make sure I don't take too much off. It took a bit of trial and error to get to the final fit but I got it eventually. However, its a bit loose (side to side wiggle). The problem I had was not only did it not fit, it also wouldn't release because it binded against my Radd Lok. The binding was because of the shallow profile of the tab. The Dremel fixed that by removing some material above the tab to gain clearance for the release.

As for the follower problem (last round bolt hold open) I think DTrom has the fix for that. Or is it Cobra? It requires the use of a wine bottle cork and very hot water. This requires disassembly of the mag and removing the follower. The cork is used to spread the follower out so that the tabs on the follower hits the stops in the mag as it was originally intended for which doesn't as a result of some defective manufacturing. The hot water is used to soften the follower material so that it is molded into the correct shape when the cork is stuck inside it. Once it cools remove the cork and the follower should hold its new shape and stop inside the mag at the correct position.

To avoid this the next time buy AGP mags! Thats what I did on my next buy. The AGPs fitted and released with no issues and it didn't have the last round problem with the follower. The spring and follower was smooth too which wasn't on the Pro-mag.

Just watch out for the spring you'll poke your eye out!! UPS dropped mine off today. All but one seems fine. The follower on one sticks up alot higher. Went to take the magazine apart and my finger slipped enough to allow the spring to fly out and make a nice new dent in my freshly refinished and remodeled kitchen. :eek: Luckily it was just my wall and not the cherry Kraftmaid cabinets.

Edited by obake