Need some council on muzzle brake etc.

Hello I bought a Tapco ak74 style brake, but all the gun smiths around me are way too expensive to get my barrel threaded. I talked to one and he said it would be more cost efficient to just buy a new front sight block that is threaded. And that's where my question comes into play. Do threaded front sight blocks work just as good as a threaded barrel? Let me know and please feel free to throw in more than two cents. Oh and what front sight block would would fit on my saiga?

Thanks

Edited by avpfivethousand

Threaded sight blocks work just fine but threading a barrel isn't rocket science,your local "gunsmiths" must be mentally "challenged" because we have paper pushers who have never changed their own car's oil threading barrels and converting Saigas left and right around this place,LOL

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=7652

And that's where my question comes into play. Do threaded front sight blocks work just as good as a threaded barrel?

Well, the commies have been using threaded front sight blocks since 1974, so I imagine they work okay.