Finally got to shoot my S12!

It was beautiful out today, and I had time to run a couple mags through her :wub: . After reading about all the "single shot Saiga 12's" due to less than optimal gas ports, I was almost expecting problems. But I was pleasantly surprised with my 3 holer (all 3 holes are wide open, no obstructions).

I did have 2 FTE's, and the shells weren't being thrown very far, but I'm confident after putting more rounds through it will help better things. Also, with one of the aftermarket gas "pucks" to more efficiently use the gas, I feel it will cycle much better.

These are literally the first 10 rounds through her, aside from factory testing. I was shooting the Federal bulk-pack from Walmart. My "target" was an old parking sign from a local business that I've had sitting in my garage, littered with x39 round holes :D . (They went out of business and they said I could have the sign, so no, I didn't steal it :ph34r: )

th_MVI_3293.jpg

IMG_3286-1.jpg

So this is my first shotgun. Have I pretty much screwed myself out of ever enjoying a pump, being that my first was an S12? :wub: LOL.

Edited by 22_Shooter
It was beautiful out today, and I had time to run a couple mags through her :wub: . After reading about all the "single shot Saiga 12's" due to less than optimal gas ports, I was almost expecting problems. But I was pleasantly surprised with my 3 holer (all 3 holes are wide open, no obstructions).

I did have 2 FTE's, and the shells weren't being thrown very far, but I'm confident after putting more rounds through it will help better things. Also, with one of the aftermarket gas "pucks" to more efficiently direct the gas, I feel it will cycle much better.

These are literally the first 10 rounds through her, aside from factory testing.

So this is my first shotgun. Have I pretty much screwed myself out of ever enjoying a pump, being that my first was an S12? :wub: LOL.

You realize that the 2 FTE's could be due to the aftermarket mag. Also, these guns often have a break in period. My 4 hole may be overgassed slightly(can't be too much if it hates the winchester right?[or at least it did when i first got it]).

Toss a few hundred though it and then see how she reacts with the factory 5 rnd mag. Then start troubleshooting from there.

I've put hundreds of rounds through mine without a FTE. but i have had a few in the past...

and yeah, my pump only getts barrowed mostly now that i have the saiga... its main duty is rifled barrel/sabots. its secondary is backup gun for someone who wants to go trap shooting(other barrel)

Edited by Nailbomb

I did have 2 FTE's, and the shells weren't being thrown very far, but I'm confident after putting more rounds through it will help better things. Also, with one of the aftermarket gas "pucks" to more efficiently direct the gas, I feel it will cycle much better.

These are literally the first 10 rounds through her, aside from factory testing.

You realize that the 2 FTE's could be due to the aftermarket mag. Also, these guns often have a break in period. My 4 hole may be overgassed slightly(can't be too much if it hates the winchester right?[or at least it did when i first got it]).

Toss a few hundred though it and then see how she reacts with the factory 5 rnd mag. Then start troubleshooting from there.

I've put hundreds of rounds through mine without a FTE. but i have had a few in the past...

and yeah, my pump only getts barrowed mostly now that i have the saiga... its main duty is rifled barrel/sabots. its secondary is backup gun for someone who wants to go trap shooting(other barrel)

Yeah, I thought about the fact that I was using AGP's. Stupid me forgot to bring the factory 5 round mag :rolleyes: . But also, it wasn't chucking the shells like I've seen with some other S12's on video (granted, I have no idea what kind of shells they were running. Maybe they were running higher power loads?).

But I have no complaints at all. I'm more than pleased.

I just can't wait to get out with it again :smoke: . It won't be soon enough.

(BTW, I do still plan on getting a Rem 870 or Mossberg 500..........just 'cause. :D )

Looks like you have the same problem I have...the mag hitting the foregrip.

Yeah. I actually prefer it closer to the magwell, but where it is now, is the closest it's gonna get due to the mag. I plan on chopping the grip down a little.

What gas setting were you on? Mine wasn't even throwing them as far as yours but I was on setting #1 . I plan to get the improved gas plug soon.

I was on 2. I commented in your thread, saying I was surprised to see that your 3 holer was cycling the Federal bulk-pack on setting 1. I think I'm gonna order a gas "puck" from KA soon.

Thats sick! Conreats shooter! She's perdy! Did you get the front handle from chaos?

Thanks man. The vertical grip is a cheapie Pro-Mag. I pretty much got it for free from Midway. I had some "Midway money" or whatever it is, left over from a reimbursement. It locks up tight, so I can't complain :D .

FEED THE SAIGA

She shall be fed :devil: .

Edited by 22_Shooter

I've had that "last round FTE" issue as well.

For some reason, the last round always hung up on me at first.

I don't get that anymore, but I modified my ports and gas block housing (I had a vodka special).

Wait until you shoot slugs. The shells will be flying off the picture frame to the right. LOL

It's a whole different universe than the low brass wally world plinker rounds.

It's a whole different universe - no shit. You'll love it.

Go ahead and splurge on 20 rounds of slugs. I dare you. LOL

The plinker rounds will seem about like kissing your sister after that.

You realize that the 2 FTE's could be due to the aftermarket mag.

Would you please elaborate on this? I was under the impression (also based on my experiences) that mag followers dragging would cause feed issues but the spent hull would still be ejected. FTE means either the bolt didn't go back far enough, or the ejector arm let go of the ring on the shell for some reason...

Are you suggesting a mag with a bad angle could be messing with the bottom of the bolt preventing it from traveling properly?

Wait until you shoot slugs. The shells will be flying off the picture frame to the right. LOL

It's a whole different universe than the low brass wally world plinker rounds.

It's a whole different universe - no shit. You'll love it.

Go ahead and splurge on 20 rounds of slugs. I dare you. LOL

The plinker rounds will seem about like kissing your sister after that.

I definitely plan on picking up some slugs. Without a doubt.

I'm trying to think of something I can drag to the shooting spot, to put a big hole in. If I was able, I'd love to drag an old car there, and litter it with holes from various guns.

Don't hate on kissing your sister till you've tried it. LOL

Seriously a little breaking in never hurt anything (except for maybe your shoulder.) :P

I'll admit, I can feel it in my shoulder today, after shooting yesterday. Not pain, but I can definitely feel it........and this was with birsdshot :rolleyes: . Maybe I should make sure I have the next day off from work, when I go shoot slugs :lol::ph34r: . I manually lift stuff a lot at work, so a busted shoulder would be shitty.

Are you suggesting a mag with a bad angle could be messing with the bottom of the bolt preventing it from traveling properly?

In a new S-12 that hasn't had a break in period with all the rough edges from the factory... in short...

Yes.

Looks like you have the same problem I have...the mag hitting the foregrip.

Yeah. I actually prefer it closer to the magwell, but where it is now, is the closest it's gonna get due to the mag. I plan on chopping the grip down a little.

What gas setting were you on? Mine wasn't even throwing them as far as yours but I was on setting #1 . I plan to get the improved gas plug soon.

I was on 2. I commented in your thread, saying I was surprised to see that your 3 holer was cycling the Federal bulk-pack on setting 1. I think I'm gonna order a gas "puck" from KA soon.

Thats sick! Conreats shooter! She's perdy! Did you get the front handle from chaos?

Thanks man. The vertical grip is a cheapie Pro-Mag. I pretty much got it for free from Midway. I had some "Midway money" or whatever it is, left over from a reimbursement. It locks up tight, so I can't complain :D .

FEED THE SAIGA

She shall be fed :devil: .

Thats great man! I showed my brother and a friend the video, their jaws dropped! Keep inspiring me... Great ideas!...