HELP I'm looking for a S12 Replacement Barrel

Hey guys, thanks for the response. Actually I have a guy who wants to sell me a saiga 12 Short Barrelled Shotgun and I don't want a SBS so I wanted to look into replacing the barrel to loose the class III paperwork. Any advise?

If you buy it as a SBS it'll probably be expensive and you'll have to pay for the tax stamp. Why destroy its value and waste your $200?

If the seller replaces the barrel before selling he's diminishing the value of his gun greatly. Don't see why someone would want to do that.

Hey guys, thanks for the response. Actually I have a guy who wants to sell me a saiga 12 Short Barrelled Shotgun and I don't want a SBS so I wanted to look into replacing the barrel to loose the class III paperwork. Any advise?

If you buy it as a SBS it'll probably be expensive and you'll have to pay for the tax stamp. Why destroy its value and waste your $200?

If the seller replaces the barrel before selling he's diminishing the value of his gun greatly. Don't see why someone would want to do that.

So an SBS s12 is more valuable than a regular saiga 12? I didn't think there was any additional value for an SBS only the additional $200 tax stamp.

I just thought it would be less headache to loose the class III all together and convert it back to a regular s12. I would switch the barrel before I took posession and do the paperwork to convert it back to a shotgun with the ATF to avoid the $200 tax stamp.

So an SBS s12 is more valuable than a regular saiga 12? I didn't think there was any additional value for an SBS only the additional $200 tax stamp.

I just thought it would be less headache to loose the class III all together and convert it back to a regular s12. I would switch the barrel before I took posession and do the paperwork to convert it back to a shotgun with the ATF to avoid the $200 tax stamp.

Well it depends on how you define value. You'll get a better "market price" for an SBS Saiga, thats for sure. They're not that easy to come by and I'd sure as hell pay an extra couple hundred for an SBS.

It's the desireability that you want; an SBS shotgun is a very desireable thing to have obviously because it's very useful. Thus it's more valueable. I mean that should come as a no brainer.

Really tho you shouldn't be concerned with its value past what you paid for it. Just ask yourself what you value it for. Is it an investment? Is it a home defense weapon? Is it for sporting clays? If you're keeping it for a home defense gun or an investment, you definitly want to keep it an SBS. If you're going to shoot sporting clays, you might want a longer barrel.

I personally think you should just keep it an SBS unless you want a trap gun. But I don't think Saiga's are really great sporting shotguns anyways so you might as well just keep it as an SBS.

Just look on any of the gun auction boards. A SBS version may sell for a couple thousand dollars or more. A basic converted S12 may be worth about $1000 or so. The person selling it to you would be an idiot to piss away that extra $1000+ he could get for the SBS.

Just look on any of the gun auction boards. A SBS version may sell for a couple thousand dollars or more. A basic converted S12 may be worth about $1000 or so. The person selling it to you would be an idiot to piss away that extra $1000+ he could get for the SBS.

That pretty much sums it up right there dude. Your market value is WAYYYY better with an SBS configuation. Now if only I culd get me one... :P

Hey if you want I'll trade you my 19 inch Saiga for your SBS lol