I hope this link works. I stumbled onto this new sight for AK's while looking for 10/22 sights. Looks like a great way to upgrade the iron sights on an AK without resorting to welding on H&K style sights. The prices for their 10/22, SKS, etc. sights range from about $50 up to $70, so the AK sights should be priced reasonably as well.

http://www.tech-sights.com/ak.htm

I've never tried to put a direct link into a post before, so you may have to copy and paste the link into your search window.

From Another Site:

"... about the AK sight from Tech-SIGHTS. It is getting closer to release. We tested the first item sights from the tooling last weekend and things went very well. The sights have been delayed with a change in manufacturing method. Our original thought was to CNC machine the sight base from solid bar stock, but the cost of machining was too high. We decided to go to a MIM Steel part for the sight base. This gives a steel part equal in quality and strength to the part machined from bar. I have attached a picture of a Romanian fitted with the AK100 sight being field tested at the range this last weekend.

t requires a new cover even though the sight is mounted to the receiver and not the cover. The new cover will be included with the sight. The sight mounts to the tee slot in the rear trunion of the receiver cover. This patent pending design makes for a stable return to zero after disassembly and the tip of a 7.62 round is all that is required for take down."

8316029-md.jpg

8569003-md.jpg

8627884-lg.jpg

Perhaps it's not vapor-ware after all! I'd take one.

buckmeister