Went out shooting again..

I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but you really should go over the 4 rules with your friends that are novice shooters.

Yikes.jpg

It could be YOUR life that it saves.

Despite the safety issues, it looks like you guys had fun! Aside from the POS mag, you've got one heck of a 7.62x39 setup.

No eye & ear protection?

tisk tisk

good catch.. i honestly went over safety issues over and over and over again.. i explained that they had to be careful and that the gun is "ALWAYS LOADED" but i guess these are habits they need to develop...i will work on that..

they had ear protection... i was never really a fan... sometimes when shooting shotgun its helpful but the other stuff just doesnt bother me

but i will definately refocus on the safety shit.. im surprised he did that because they were both pretty good at putting the safety on when not firing and shit like that..

seriously thanks for bringing it to my attention..

I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but you really should go over the 4 rules with your friends that are novice shooters.

Yikes.jpg

It could be YOUR life that it saves.

Despite the safety issues, it looks like you guys had fun! Aside from the POS mag, you've got one heck of a 7.62x39 setup.

its NJ my POS mag is about the only choice i have for anything over ten.. lol

good catch.. i honestly went over safety issues over and over and over again.. i explained that they had to be careful and that the gun is "ALWAYS LOADED" but i guess these are habits they need to develop...i will work on that..

they had ear protection... i was never really a fan... sometimes when shooting shotgun its helpful but the other stuff just doesnt bother me

but i will definately refocus on the safety shit.. im surprised he did that because they were both pretty good at putting the safety on when not firing and shit like that..

1. Your earring will get permanently damaged. It has nothing to do with your perception of the sound or whether it bothers you or not. You could later have a permanent ring tone in your ears and that's no joke.

2. There is no excuse for pointing a gun at someone else on a firing line. None! Period!

3. An accidental discharge is the best way to wipe the smile off someone's face... And a flinch of the finger is all it takes...

Please, be smart... For yourself and for others...

And by the way... It is not "safety shit", it is being responsible. If you cannot understand this, you should not put a gun in anyone's hands, including yours.

Nothing personal, man, but come on now...

...Despite the safety issues, it looks like you guys had fun! Aside from the POS mag, you've got one heck of a 7.62x39 setup.

If you've got heat-shields for your handguards, why would anyone replace em just to get rails for vert grips etc? If your target is too close for the quick use of the red dot, you need to be using your shotgun or pistol rather than your rifle, so no laser sight is worth carrying on a AK. The same argument can be made for excluding a rail mounted flashlight. As for vert grips, the AK has one already built in: the front of the magazine. I just don't think replacing the handguards is necessary or desirable and it adds weight to the rifle, (very rarely worth it).

Specifically to the OP: cool video overall.. though it seizes up and stops about 2/3 of the way through at that link.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Looks like you guys had fun.

+1 to all the safety reminders. I picked up some shooting glasses for like $5 at Gander. Also, I'm a fan of plugs, as opposed to muffs. I made the mistake of shooting my x39 once, without plugs in, and my left ear literally rang for about 20 minutes after just 1 shot (it probably didn't help that I was in a kind of valley, with an echo and what not).

Basic precautions taken, could prevent a lot of problems.

Stay safe, and have fun.

1. Your earring will get permanently damaged. It has nothing to do with your perception of the sound or whether it bothers you or not. You could later have a permanent ring tone in your ears and that's no joke.

2. There is no excuse for pointing a gun at someone else on a firing line. None! Period!

3. An accidental discharge is the best way to wipe the smile off someone's face... And a flinch of the finger is all it takes...

Please, be smart... For yourself and for others...

And by the way... It is not "safety shit", it is being responsible. If you cannot understand this, you should not put a gun in anyone's hands, including yours.

Nothing personal, man, but come on now...

thanks for pointing out the imperfect.. I'm sure in your entire life of shooting you NEVER made the noob mistake of pointing your firearm in the wrong direction.. and that makes you better than the people in the video... we took HOURS going over the firearms before actually shooting... mistakes were made... and YES they can result in serious consequences.. i KNOW this... not sure why you took offense to refocusing on the safety shit, i meant that seriously..... i meant exactly that.. going over it with them again... i GET the serious nature of firearms.. and i get that errors were made...

and im sorry i don't shoot with ear protection.. im 31 years old and have shot guns all my life, i never really used it...

its funny i went out shooting and posted a video... errors were made and they were pointed out and i appreciate that.. but at this point its starting to be beat to death...'

i apologize for the lack of perfection..

...Despite the safety issues, it looks like you guys had fun! Aside from the POS mag, you've got one heck of a 7.62x39 setup.

If you've got heat-shields for your handguards, why would anyone replace em just to get rails for vert grips etc? If your target is too close for the quick use of the red dot, you need to be using your shotgun or pistol rather than your rifle, so no laser sight is worth carrying on a AK. The same argument can be made for excluding a rail mounted flashlight. As for vert grips, the AK has one already built in: the front of the magazine. I just don't think replacing the handguards is necessary or desirable and it adds weight to the rifle, (very rarely worth it).

Specifically to the OP: cool video overall.. though it seizes up and stops about 2/3 of the way through at that link.

The rifle is designed to be a solve all weapon... something that could be carried without any additional firearms needed... a rifle that could be used close or medium range... the rail allows me to add on things like a light or vpg... or not.. depending on what i want to use it for...

it really just preference..

also i see you are using one of the ACE skeleton stocks and what looks like a SAW pistol grip? how do you use those on a converted saiga? does it require any mods to the back of the receiver? how do you mount that PG on it?

the back tang of the reciever that holds the factory stock has to be removed..

and yes its an ACE stock with an internal ACE block and a Tapco Saw PG

where the fuck in NJ do you live that you can just go shooting out in the woods?

is that double trouble state park? somewhere in the pineys?

wtf?

its private property off of the back of a private shooting club that goes on forever and eventually ends into state forrest..

See why I'm so damn paranoid! I can't do anything right either, ask my wife!

If I posted shooting photos with my wife she would most certainly have the safety off on the Saiga while she beats me over the head with it.

Edited by Fluid Power
i watched the whole vid yesterday and it didnt freeze up...looked like good times to me, song fits perfect, love some NIN...

gnarly saiga you chef'd up, i like it!! poor thing looked hungry tho :( fuck NJ

thanks.. your avatar is great.. lol and yes the saiga IS sad having to use those 15 round surefire mags...

See why I'm so damn paranoid! I can't do anything right either, ask my wife!

If I posted shooting photos with my wife she would most certainly have the safety off on the Saiga while she beats me over the head with it.

lol

i mean obviously safety is important to me... and maybe a lifetime of being around guns has made me too comfortable, by NOT using things like ear protection, or shooting glasses... im NOT trying to make excuses but i was tought to shoot by OLD men who didnt use that stuff.... the point where he puts the rifle in my direction IS a problem..and there is NO excuse for it. its AFTER he finished, so he has obviously yet to learn that the gun is ALWAYS loaded.. im NOT dismissing any of that.... but this was his first time out and he was pretty concious about things like using the safety, it was a mistake...

maybe ill pick up some ear protection, but i never really gave it much thought honestly...

I was trying to help. Thanx. When shooting it is best to have one firearm out at a time for the utmost in safety.

(Not to try and start and argument, it is interesting to note that Elmer Keith the famous magnum revolver guy wrote in his book that he NEVER wore hearing or eye protection after 50 years of shooting magnum level revolvers and rifles. And this guy shot all the time! Think his ears are still ringing in heaven or did he go to hell for not wearing protection? :lol: )

I was trying to help. Thanx. When shooting it is best to have one firearm out at a time for the utmost in safety.

(Not to try and start and argument, it is interesting to note that Elmer Keith the famous magnum revolver guy wrote in his book that he NEVER wore hearing or eye protection after 50 years of shooting magnum level revolvers and rifles. And this guy shot all the time! Think his ears are still ringing in heaven or did he go to hell for not wearing protection? :lol: )

i know you were thats why the big space between the LOL and my follow up comment.. lol Thats the thing im sure its safer with hearing protection but having never used it i'm just not used to it.. the other two people shooting both used hearing protection..

While safety is of utmost importance, you should also consider legal issues as well.

Depending on the state, firing from the bed of your truck could be considered illegal (firing from a vehicle). Might want to look that one up.

You never know who will be driving up to see what all the noise is about....then want to get technical on you. It no different then being technical on how you transport them etc.

Just saying.

Great to see people out having fun enjoying their 2nd Amendment rights responsibly. Always.

~S

While safety is of utmost importance, you should also consider legal issues as well.

Depending on the state, firing from the bed of your truck could be considered illegal (firing from a vehicle). Might want to look that one up.

You never know who will be driving up to see what all the noise is about....then want to get technical on you. It no different then being technical on how you transport them etc.

Just saying.

Great to see people out having fun enjoying their 2nd Amendment rights responsibly. Always.

~S

while i guess its possible that the police could come back there? its literaly on private property with a gated entry road so it would be pretty unlikely..

and we had a ton of fun...

Didn't want to be an ass and I'm glad you had fun.

It's just that I have been waiting once for the EMS helicopter on the side of a seasoned shooter who accidentaly shot himself and that was no fun at all.

Ringing in the ear (titinus) is the first cause of disability in troops coming back from Midlde East and it is no fun either...

The rifle is designed to be a solve all weapon... something that could be carried without any additional firearms needed... a rifle that could be used close or medium range... the rail allows me to add on things like a light or vpg... or not.. depending on what i want to use it for...

it really just preference..

Yep, it is. I prefer a LaRue Irondot so that I have both a mini red dot and iron sights available.. either can be used at any time without adjustments. it also keeps the red dot off my forward handguards, where it would be more vulnerable to accidental impact damage, and keeps the rifle nice and light, which is very important to me.. lighter rifles are always easier to handle and continue using accurately over longer periods of time. I've also learned to use the magazine as a substitute for a vert grip, (not that that's special, Russians etc have been doing it for decades), doing so gives you a vert grip option without increasing the rifle's weight.

As someone who appreciates firearms and enjoys the benefits of our 2nd Amendment, you really should move the hell away from Joisey. Come out west, we still have freedom here... just be sure you don't overshoot and end up in the bankrupt PRC, (Peoples' Republic of California).

Your point concerning the AK's versatility due to it's intermediate round is well taken. It is definitely more meant for close-in use than most other rifles are. However, I've always got my Glock 30 strapped to my leg when I'm out shootin in the hills, and if the SHTF, I'd damn sure be carrying it everywhere I went. Within a range of perhaps 20 yards, my preference and instinct is always to go to the Glock. I've put a lot of time in with the .45 ACP... I love that cartridge and still think that nothing is a more effective man-stopper/mutilator at short ranges, (besides shotguns).

At any rate.. as you said, it really is just personal preference... but since I prefer a different set-up, it's only natural that I give you a little chit over yours. :devil:

Oh, and you need to slap that bald Irishman.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Many years ago I read something in "Guns and Ammo" (circa 1984) that has stuck w/ me. Paraphrased it read "You don't get used to noise, you just go deaf."

After many years of being on a construction job site and going to hardcore clubs w/ a hobby of shooting guns I am quite happy with being regarded as the geek who always wore plugs.

I've go 3 points.

1. I've never had any problems with ear plugs.

Just need good plugs. I shoot trap in the summer every Thursday no ringing. Also I use them in the summers in a 650 horse power race car 2 nights a week with mufflers that are "supposed to" keep noise down to 100 dec at 100 ft. There is only .040" inch aluminum sheet metal between me and the mufflers, no ringing.

2. You need to show that pretty girl not to put her thumb behind the slide, it could cause some bleeding.

and finally 3. WTF is this 2 dudes to 1 girl picture ratio?!!

I've go 3 points.

1. I've never had any problems with ear plugs.

Just need good plugs. I shoot trap in the summer every Thursday no ringing. Also I use them in the summers in a 650 horse power race car 2 nights a week with mufflers that are "supposed to" keep noise down to 100 dec at 100 ft. There is only .040" inch aluminum sheet metal between me and the mufflers, no ringing.

2. You need to show that pretty girl not to put her thumb behind the slide, it could cause some bleeding.

and finally 3. WTF is this 2 dudes to 1 girl picture ratio?!!

i moved her thumb ALL day.. in fact she almost didnt shoot because before she started i was like do NOT put your thumb there.. she says why and i explain how it works and that it will hurt BAD.. and she was scared.. lol but im sure she will get used to doing it correctly the more she was out..

and its just who was there.. lol me my brother in law and my g/f lol