Chest Pouch for 10 round mags

Hey Guys.. I had an idea I thought I'd share. I have a photography chest pouch made by a company named Newswear. They make chest pouches for Digital and 35mm SLR cameras used by photographers in war zones.

The Men's medium chest pouch will easily hold six 10 rounds mags split between the two main pockets and six 5 round mags split between the pockets on each side. I understand that's way too much weight to carry, but with all the space, you can configure as necessary. They retail for $90.00.

post-16349-1236995847.jpgpost-16349-1236995903.jpg

post-16349-1236995954.jpg

post-16349-1236996055.jpg

Armchair Tactical looks good also. Just depends how much weight you want to carry, and if a one weapon only vest. Do believe the vest you shown would also be great for the AK 40rd mags I like so much. Looking at size, believe 4 to pouch.:smoke:

I don't know how well they would work with 40 round AK mags. There is a lot of room in each pocket so 4 AK mags would probably fit in each pouch (I'm trying to compare the width to three 10 round AGP mags..these fit as if the pouches were made for them) The 40 round AK mag has more of a curve to it.

This particular vest was designed by Combat photographers working in the middle east. It is very similar to the chinese AK 47 magazine chest pouch, but made with high quality ballistic nylon with pockets large enough to hold long telephoto and zoom lenses or camera bodies.

I bought this one to use while doing lightweight photo backpacking as it placed my cameras and lenses on my chest in front of me. It was only after I purchased additional AGP mags that I thought about using it for a mag carrier.

The three AGP mags placed in each of the front two pouches can be placed in the pockets as shown or sideways. I did not place 5 rounders in the side pockets in the photos, but each pocket will hold three mags perfectly. You can run, jump etc and the mags are securely held in place.

Now I understand, placing three mags in each pocket is alot of weight. But the pockets leave a lot of room for customizing. I really like the way this pouch works. Like I said..It's like it was designed for use with the 10 and 5 round mags...so I thought I'd just pass along something that has worked well for me. They are not cheap at $90...and they make a waterproof version for $150, but they do work well.

I understand that's way too much weight to carry

Aw C'mon men, man up. Imagine how that gal with the DD's feels!

Hey Guys.. I had an idea I thought I'd share. I have a photography chest pouch made by a company named Newswear. They make chest pouches for Digital and 35mm SLR cameras used by photographers in war zones.

The Men's medium chest pouch will easily hold six 10 rounds mags split between the two main pockets and six 5 round mags split between the pockets on each side. I understand that's way too much weight to carry, but with all the space, you can configure as necessary. They retail for $90.00.

• Like 1

I wonder if the side pockets could be modded to fit a MD-20. Come on guys, especially military, that weight should be like a full combat load for the M-4/M-16, and all the other shit they carry. Not including body armor. Don't take this the wrong way I'm not calling anybody a pussy just stating that this would be reasonable for a combat load for a shotgun. By the way this is Bad Ass.

I understand that's way too much weight to carry

Aw C'mon men, man up. Imagine how that gal with the DD's feels!

When I was in Iraq I wore a 50 pound flak jacket with 20 pounds of ammo and carried a 20 pound SAW. (Profile pic related.) Of course I was a bit younger than I am now... but I think I can suck it up. I really might have to get that rig, it looks pretty sweet.

Adorama is showing two different models -

http://www.adorama.com/NWCVMM.html?searchi...r&item_no=3

http://www.adorama.com/NWCVDMM.html?search...r&item_no=8

These look like they show some promise. As for working with the 40 round RPK mags., I can fit 4, 10 round AGP's in my Romanian RPK pouch. Tight, but they will fit.

Edited by 7.62m43
  • 2 years later...

It beats the heck out of what I'm using right now. I have one of the bulk shell shift bags that you wear on one hip. Right now I have 5-10rnd and 3-5 rnd mags in it and it is awkward at best. This chest pouch definitely has merit!!

It beats the heck out of what I'm using right now. I have one of the bulk shell shift bags that you wear on one hip. Right now I have 5-10rnd and 3-5 rnd mags in it and it is awkward at best. This chest pouch definitely has merit!!

Yeah, it's pretty useful. They should start making them in camo.

Yeah, it's pretty useful. They should start making them in camo.

Multicam would be good. If you doubt what I say, go to the Multicam site and check out their photo gallery :eek:

Now if they just made a tripod bag you could slide a slide folder down into,....

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=backpack&cat=151

My 19" has about an inch of the receiver sticking out, I'm not at all sure that an 18" folder would quite fit. It would be really tight.

• 1 month later...

Armchair Tactical looks good also. Just depends how much weight you want to carry, and if a one weapon only vest. Do believe the vest you shown would also be great for the AK 40rd mags I like so much. Looking at size, believe 4 to pouch.:smoke:

Strike Hard Gear makes a Chest Rig that holds the AK 40 rounders perfectly.

Thanks for posting the vid.

What kind of holster is that on his chest? Anybody know?

Strike Hard Gear makes a Chest Rig that holds the AK 40 rounders perfectly.

Thanks for posting the vid.

What kind of holster is that on his chest? Anybody know?

That's a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I have one on my vest in the same location and would hard pressed to find a better setup for what I'm doing.

• Like 1