Chest Pouch for 10 round mags

Looks like a Greek shopkeepers special.

Gonna have to agree after much deliberation. The Newswear chestvest is a great design for the Saiga, but I have come to accept that the thin nylon construction will not stand up to much "on the ground in the mud" abuse. I will eat my crow now.

I am going to take photos of the chestvest and attempt to have one made in heavy cordura. For now, back on Ebay...

I have a chest rig made by 7.62 tactical the holds 6 AK or three S12 mags in adjustable sized ammo pouches. If you are a glutton for punishment you could even put 6 ten round S12 mags into it:

762tacticalakgunfighter.jpg

Might be selling this very soon. It was custom made and of heavy cordura and webbing and has the wide padded shoulder straps to help distribute a heavy load. Anyone interested?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see if I can get a pic up for you tomorrow. The maker is 7.62 tactical, a small outfit based here in the USA. Yes, the pouches are permanently attached...

JP,

Im interested if it will hold 6 total 10 rounders. Shoot me a PM with a photo if you get a chance.

BigD

I'll see if I can get a pic up for you tomorrow. The maker is 7.62 tactical, a small outfit based here in the USA. Yes, the pouches are permanently attached...

JP,

Im interested if it will hold 6 total 10 rounders. Shoot me a PM with a photo if you get a chance.

BigD

BigD, I've been fighting a cold and some shitty weather in my locale. Will try to get a pic up soon. I am interested in sellng for sure so I have not forgotten about you...smile.png

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

Big D, finally got the pics taken. Here we go:

First pic shows each pouch with a 10 round S12 mag inserted.

pc110001.jpg

Next pic shows the same but with the flaps closed on the rig.

pc110002i.jpg

Final pic shows each pouch with two 10 round mags inserted. (Far left has two 5 round mags, I only have four 10 rounders!) flaps won't close with two 10 rounders inserted, but with them folded back the mags are snug enough in the pouch where they wont wobble around.

pc110003z.jpg

Interested?

Dern-it!!! Gonna have to pass. If there was a fourth pouch as a single mag, I would take it. I too have four 10's and two 5's, but want to be able to close the pouches on a total of six (or four). Get what you can for it. I do appreciate the offer!

I might have to give them a call and see what they would make up.

Thanks anyway, and Merry Christmas!

I emailed Colin at 762 Tactical about extending the flaps for the Saiga mags. He said he could for a few dollars more. Might want to check out his sight. Gonna have one on order soon!!!

You should let him know that if he makes that an option on the page, he's pretty much guaranteed to make tones of money.

Colin does good work. I sold my rig on another board, and rolled that money back to him for his new MOLLE compatible AK pouches since I'm going to a plate carrier. I looked everywhere for a decent AK mag pouch, and have tried several different types, but couldn't find anything better than 7.62 Tactical. Glad you guys are sending him your business...

Yeah, Risky that was what I told him and he upgraded his sight immediately with the mods for the Saiga crowd. I put out some KUDOS to you too Panzer for pointing me his way. I just posted my Newswear Chestvest on Ebay and as soon as it sells, I'm buying his rig with the extended flaps!