peices every were

That sucks. Glad you're OK.

I'm not familiar with the bolt support. Do you mean the part with the cocking handle on the side? If so, I believe you're talking about the bolt carrier. That should be riding in rails on each side of the receiver's interior. It might be possible that the carrier wasn't pushed down into the rails before being slid forward. That could cause what you're describing.

By the way, you posted two identical threads. I imagine a mod can correct that though.

Corbin

Yep before you shoot a firearm make sure it is assembled properly and all the parts are working as they are supposed to. Sounds like the shot gun was not assembled correctly and as suggested above if the mainspring support rod (or whatever the part is called) does not "click" down then there is nothing holding the bolt in besides a little friction. The OP is lucky they do not have a face full of bolt parts.

That could happen if the mainspring wasn't seated all the way in the back holding the dust cover down,.

My thought also.

This.

My guess is he took it apart to take a look at it or lube it and didn't put it back correctly.

Or Ivan got lazy after a liquid lunch break.

This just doesn't sound right to me. I don't see how the bolt could even cycle with it not assembled fully. The dustcover will not even stay on through charging the weapon unless the recoil spring is fully seated.

That is what the spring loaded button on the top of the recoil spring buutton is for, extra safety to be sure this doesn't happen. Sorry but I have to call post-1293-1237133012.gif on this one.

There must be something you are not telling.

Anyway, I'm glad you were not injured.

:sick:

That could happen if the mainspring wasn't seated all the way in the back holding the dust cover down,.

My thought also.

This.

My guess is he took it apart to take a look at it or lube it and didn't put it back correctly.

Or Ivan got lazy after a liquid lunch break.

My guess is a bad disassemble. I lubed up my new s12 and did the same exact thing today at the range. First shot, the dust cover flew off, luckily my buddy told me to put on my glasses right before i shot. I put it back on, made sure there was no catching of the one cover, and it was good to go after that.

You live you learn :smoke: